Nuts for Exhaust manifold studs?

layinthesmack31

Hey guys
i was just wondering if u guys knew where i can get some replacement nuts for the exhaust manifold studs that connect to the cats? i need knew ones cause i had to cut the old ones off the get them free. And i did go to home depot and i tried to find some metric nuts that would match but none seemed to fit right. any info is greatly appreciated. thanks

Matt

Autozone

I went to Autozone and got mine. I new the guy, so he let me rip the packages open until I found what I needed. I dont remeber what they were now. but they worked.

the nuts you'll need will be an 8mm x 1.25 (coarse) thread pitch. If you want, you can get fancy, and get them with a cut on the bottom side of the nut to stop them from coming off.

Thanks man that is exactly what i was looking for. the right size so i can just go and tell them what size i need. thanks man

Matt

i need new studs and bolts becuse i had to drill and tap mine so where could i look for bigger ones to fit?

You don't necessarily need the studs. If you want, you can go with just bolts. Like I said before, the stock studs/bolts are 8x1.25 (coarse) thread. If you've drilled and tapped them out for anything other than that, go visit a local bolt supply place and get bolts of the right size and length for what you tapped.

You sure that the studs are 10mm? Cause the 8x1.25 hex head bolts I just picked up screw right into place in the heads. They also thread into the nuts that fit onto the studs, so that would mean they're 8mm. Are you sure about that size?

I think you guys are comparing apples to oranges. One group seems to be talking about the bolts between the manifolds and downpipes, and the other about the bolts between the manifolds and heads.

S_Mazza said:
I think you guys are comparing apples to oranges. One group seems to be talking about the bolts between the manifolds and downpipes, and the other about the bolts between the manifolds and heads.

I was beginning to think that myself ;) ........ I need to drill out and tap the studs that hold the downpipes onto the manifold.

Frit

fturner said:
I was beginning to think that myself ;) ........ I need to drill out and tap the studs that hold the downpipes onto the manifold.

Frit

The bolts in the heads are 8mm 1.25, the studs at the collectors are 10mm 1.5.

Back