Enough Fuel?

92scbird

I just recently put underdrive pulleys and 10% sc pulley and a 3/4 top on my 92 sc. it also has a 73mm mass air. everything else is stock other than flowmaster exhaust system and k&n panel filter. The problem is that the car is just a dog untill it gets pushing boost. i converted my car from auto to 5speed and thought maybe the eec was the prob. so i put the one in from my 89 donor car but it just ran horrible and blew black smoke??? so i put my stock on back in? i dont know if its just too much air and not enough fuel?

92scbird said:
I just recently put underdrive pulleys and 10% sc pulley and a 3/4 top on my 92 sc. it also has a 73mm mass air. everything else is stock other than flowmaster exhaust system and k&n panel filter. The problem is that the car is just a dog untill it gets pushing boost. i converted my car from auto to 5speed and thought maybe the eec was the prob. so i put the one in from my 89 donor car but it just ran horrible and blew black smoke??? so i put my stock on back in? i dont know if its just too much air and not enough fuel?

You have to use a 91-93 EEC. You cannot use an 89-90 EEC. However, the EEC is not your problem. Put the stock Mass air back on and see if it runs better. It probably just needs a tune (chip) to bring it back to life.

David

Back