is my aod going out?

rzibilske77

Just recently while driving under normal driving the transmission shifts fine from 1st to 2nd...but when i reach 3rd i have to lay off the throttle so it will (slip) in gear.
Ok now while just cruising at average speed say about 65 and i punch it(wot) the transmission starts to shift quickly from gear to gear it seems but without not very much power.
Any ideas..this is a newly rebuilt tranny...fluid looks very clean and full

thanks Robert

in respond to ur question... weres ur transmission going out with? the engine... lol... lame.... but anywho... the TV cable might not be adjusted right anymore... it might of been moved.... i would not drive it until the TV cable has been adjusted properly... check out the TV cable.

STOP DRIVING IT until you determine what is wrong. Is the TV cable connected to the throttle arm? Bet its not :( If you have any serious mileage on it, the trans could be ruined.

Take it back to the person who rebuilt/installed it; if they left the TV cable off or improperly adjusted, they owe you a transmission. :(

Sounds like a line pressure issue, get a gauge on the test port and check the TV cable for adjustment.

I hope you have a shift kit installed. Stock AOD's are pieces of trash. I don't like mine very much they way it shifts with the transgo shift kit (not hard enough for my liking) but it definately doesn't hang up and lag between gears. At wide open throttle it will sometimes get a chirp going into 2nd gear and it will nudge you back going into 3rd as the convertor locks.

Yup i do have a shift kit Scott as it was added when the rebuilt was done 10k miles ago.
I am going to change out the filter tomorrow & new flluid, and see what happens, if the same continues i will need to check into the cable.

What am i looking for about the tv cable..as in how can i tell if something is wrong or do i neede to take it to my mech?

Scott Long said:
I hope you have a shift kit installed. Stock AOD's are pieces of trash. I don't like mine very much they way it shifts with the transgo shift kit (not hard enough for my liking) but it definately doesn't hang up and lag between gears. At wide open throttle it will sometimes get a chirp going into 2nd gear and it will nudge you back going into 3rd as the convertor locks.

rzibilske77 said:
What am i looking for about the tv cable..as in how can i tell if something is wrong or do i neede to take it to my mech?
Look at the throttle where the cables connect.. If there's a problem, it will be obvious.

just take it to your mechanic... dont even touch it... cuz if u touch it they will bust out some bullsh*t and blame you... and u will be liable if u touch it... so if i were u... i would check ur throttle body and look for the TV cable... latez...

Back