what to get?

redtbirdsc

Two quick questions.
1. I just got the MPII with inlet plenum and 85mm tb,what size maf should I get to go with this setup? I was gonna get the pro-m 80mm but they are outta business so now i dont know what to get.
2.What kind of 1/4 mile times do you think I will get with these mods done? ASP underdrive pullies,MPII blower,MP inlet plenum,85 mm tb,42lb injectors,custom fmic,MP raised sc top,b&m ripper shifter,full dual exhuast(2.5"),ported stock manifolds,battery relocated to trunk(so my front mount will fit).
There are a few other parts that dont add any hp so i left them out .
Oh yeah the car is a 91 5 speed and ran a best of 15.01 with k&n and air silencer removed

I've got a Granatelli 87mm Bullet style MAF (looks just like the Pro-M) that fits real well with the MP 3.5" cold air intake system. No matter what meter you use, your probably going to need a custom chip to make it run right after all those mods. About the only one I would trust to burn an SC chip is Dave Dalke....he uses SCT stuff and could probably sell you a meter with the chip if that's the way you want to go.

neibert4.jpg

BTW, I didn't see any mention of an upgraded fuel pump on your list of mods. Your going to need a 255 lph High Pressure pump. Suggest getting the pump kit from Rich at MN12 Performance, it comes with a new filter and all the stuff you need to swap the pump.

David

Last edited:
Yeah I forgot to put the fuel pump on my list,Here is the rest of the list of parts that i have or will be ordering soon,
BHJ balancer,small port work to the exhaust side of the heads, adj fuel pressure reg, 255 high pressure pump,center force df clutch,griffen rad.I am not sure about the cam,I bought a short block from ken seegers after my crank got ruined and he said that it was a rouch dyno cam,beyond that I have no info on it.
I think thats it there may be 1 or 2 things missing that I cant think of right off the top of my head.

Back