Figured out what was wrong with my car

CMac89

I had my car at a shop and they said they had to replace the inlet fuel line because it was all clogged. So that got rid of the fuel problem.

Then it wouldnt idle and that was because the maf sensor was bad. Not the actual body of the tube I meant he actual sensor probe that bolts onto the top of the maf. They got the price of one from for and it was $500 :eek: .

Anybody know where I can get one for cheap?

Check the parts for sale forum or ebay, someone usually has a maf for sale. What size is it? Stock or aftermarket?

dude... i think i have one laying around... autozone sells REMAN ones for around 160 i think with core... i think i have one in my MISC box in my garage i will look for it.... do you think the 94+ thunderbirds NA had the same size injectors as the SCs? because if they did i have one from a NA bird...

darkstar_one said:
dude... i think i have one laying around... autozone sells REMAN ones for around 160 i think with core... i think i have one in my MISC box in my garage i will look for it.... do you think the 94+ thunderbirds NA had the same size injectors as the SCs? because if they did i have one from a NA bird...
No They arent the same size injectors as the SC. I think the NA's are 19's and the SC's are 36 (94-95) and 30's (89-93).

I have a 80 mm C&L and the meter came off of the 55mm maf.

All of my problems came up whenever I put my injectors and maf in at the same time so I knew the problem happened somewhere around there.

Something happened to the actual sensor when I swapped it from the 55mm to the 80mm C&L. One of my friend changed it because I was changing the injectors so I dont know if it was dropped or not.

Last edited:
I had my car at a shop and they said they had to replace the inlet fuel line because it was all clogged. So that got rid of the fuel problem

Oh the fuel filter.. broke.. :)

glad you found it ....dave

Last edited:
Just replace the sensor with another one from an 89-91 SC. Don't use a newer one. Should be about $20 from someone on here. I'll get you one if you haven't found one yet.

David

Back