speaker harness...driving me insane

drumtboy

installed a new cd player in the ol' 93 3.8 n/a, and some of the wires that hook into the connector came out. i spent two hours trying to solder them back in there and no dice (3 speakers work and not very stable). can i have that harness replaced? how much will it cost me to have ford or a custom audio place rewire it with a new harness? am i just screwed or do i have options?

Thanks,
Sean

Radio Plugs

On my '89 the connector plug on the wireing harness was modular, meaning that the wires could be inserted & removed, WITH THE CORRECT TOOL.

I had the same problem, in that 3 of the wires wouldn't stay in the plug housing. I used hot glue to hold them in place. Just make sure that they are in the correct position, before & while the glue is hardening. If they move, you Screwed!

68COUGAR

Another option is to just route new wires from your speakers to your deck. That just takes more time but it's a lot cheaper than buying a wiring kit/harness from the dealer.

Replace wires

The factory wiring with JBL amp is retarted. Run new
wires from the radio to new speakers.

If you are going to use good quality audio, good wire will be an improvement in itself. I agree with the above in dumping all stock wires.

Back