problem with my 95 sc

bobby b demente

the problem is when i floor the gas from a dead stop the car shakes and only gets about 5 pounds of boost. but when i get up to speed it doesnt do it but still fills like its not getting enough power. i changed the sparkplugs but it did do anything. what could it be?

BOBBY.....

More information brotha...

Most of these guys on the BBS are very good at fixing SC's over the BGBS, but they need your help...That boils down to you giving all details regarless how small you may think that they are...

Year SC, Auto, or 5-Spd....Temp you were at when it does and does not do it...Constant problem, or intermittent....Noises, you get the idea.....

Cheers

Yes.. more details pls

Yes, more details. and what kind of plugs did you insert? Motorcraft or Autolite Double platinum are the only plugs that will work. Did you change the plug wires.. what kind? Did you remove any air (vaccuum) hoses before or after changing the plugs?

its an auto. they are double platinum plugs (dont know what kind)and i didnt change the wires. i didnt change them ford dealership changed them. and its been a Constant problem and dosent matter what temp it always happens. and it makes kinda like a jitting noise (thats the only way i can explain it)

any thing will help thanks

I'd look into your boost problem. You should be seeing 12-15psi. 5 is Way to low. Look at the intercooler tube sealing etc.

Chris

My guess is that you need your wires. I just replaced mine...had a very similar problem. The car idled not great, but pretty Ok, but when i hit on the gas...it didnt even get to boost before the car started shaking and bucking. Changed plugs, wires, fuel filter...and nothing worked until i changed the wires. Check out www.fordpartsnetwork.com...they carry stock motorcraft wires (part number WR-4101) for 48.99 i believe, plus $7 shipping. I was lucky enough to find a local parts store that supplies motorcraft parts, so i only paid the 48.99 plus tax. They make a HELLl of a difference.

Back