Maf ??

scbird1

Well I seem to taking up a collection of MAF`s but im still not sure I have the right one as I have never paid that much attension to the sample tube. The third pic shows the maf that came with the car. Its a little hacked up and I think someone drilled it out. first one had a F4 electronics on it but is still in tact so I was going to put my F1 electronics on the 94 MAF but im not sure of the sample tube. The second is well off a 89-91 but is kinda small.
The car im working on is a stock 92. Which one would you choose?

Attachments

• DVC00031.JPG
    DVC00031.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 123
  • DVC00033.JPG
    DVC00033.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DVC00034.JPG
    DVC00034.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
The 89 - to sometime in 91 (the one in the middle pics) is a 55mm unit and is basically good for nothing. The 91 to 95 are the same size 70mm, only difference is the electronics in the 91-93 vs. the 94/95's. These should be your first and last pics. The last however looks to have had the MAF mod done, where the sample hole is drilled just a little larger and the post removed. Some say this has helped their are and some say that it was a total waste of time. So either put the first or last pic with the correct electronics for a 30lb injector car and you will be fine.

Pic one is what I cleaned up and im going to use the 92 electronics. Thanks for clearing that up.

Back