Anybody know what's up with this blower?

Darkside

Hey guys, I just received this blower in the mail this morning. I was kind of intrigued by the fact that it has a metal data plate riveted onto it. It is obviously a late model blower. One thing that's strange is that when I first saw it I thought that it had uncoated rotors. After closer inspection though, I can see, and also feel that it has some type of clear coating on it. It feels like a clear rubber coating of some sort(heh heh, he said clear rubber :D ). :confused: I think they are definitely coated with something. The bolts that hold on the snout also don't have the studs on them for the spark plug wire clips. It also came with this rubber gasket. This is definitely not homemade. Do the 94/95 SC's have this gasket between the blower and inlet plenum? Anyways, I know it's hard to read, but the data plate says:
The blue on the tag reads "Super
Charger
EATON"

Next to that in black it reads "SUPERCHARGER DIVISION
Marshall, Michigan 49068"
The boxes read: ASSY: EA-18077-1
SN: 24203 8-7-94 (this is the date I believe)
Interesting isn't it? :confused:
I took a picture of it next to my other blower(that's just sitting in the garage collecting dust :( ) that has the epoxy coated rotors so you could see the difference.

Attachments

• Picture 325.jpg
    Picture 325.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 126
  • Picture 326.jpg
    Picture 326.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 328.jpg
    Picture 328.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Picture 327.jpg
    Picture 327.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 329.jpg
    Picture 329.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
That is a Prototype blower

I had one of those Blowers also
It looked very similar to what you have but I had a different coating
(mine was ceramic based)

Mine was used for cfm testing by eaton

I was told by a SCCOA member that those blowers are beat and worn out
even though it appeared to be in good condition

Stick with that blower Im sure you will be happy with it

Darkside said:
Hey guys, I just received this blower in the mail this morning. I was kind of intrigued by the fact that it has a metal data plate riveted onto it. It is obviously a late model blower. One thing that's strange is that when I first saw it I thought that it had uncoated rotors. After closer inspection though, I can see, and also feel that it has some type of clear coating on it. It feels like a clear rubber coating of some sort(heh heh, he said clear rubber :D ). :confused: I think they are definitely coated with something. The bolts that hold on the snout also don't have the studs on them for the spark plug wire clips. It also came with this rubber gasket. This is definitely not homemade. Do the 94/95 SC's have this gasket between the blower and inlet plenum? Anyways, I know it's hard to read, but the data plate says:
The blue on the tag reads "Super
Charger
EATON"

Next to that in black it reads "SUPERCHARGER DIVISION
Marshall, Michigan 49068"
The boxes read: ASSY: EA-18077-1
SN: 24203 8-7-94 (this is the date I believe)
Interesting isn't it? :confused:
I took a picture of it next to my other blower(that's just sitting in the garage collecting dust :( ) that has the epoxy coated rotors so you could see the difference.
That gasket is weird. I wonder why it covers all the bolt holes? :confused:

Back