Reman engine pulling many codes...

92superJRK

Hey guys:

I'm having some trouble with my "new" reman engine that I got back about one week ago. Aside from it having to go right back to the dealer after the first 15 minutes I got it back with a botched heater core hose, it hasn't been running correctly. My symptoms are hestitation when hitting the throttle, little power, and an unstable idle. I'm getting boost and everything, but this thing feels slower than a Ford Ranger when trying to go from 0 to 60! Anyway, yesterday I went WOT and when the revs settled down the check engine light came on for 10 seconds and went out. So, today I pulled the following codes:
117 - ECT sensor signal voltage is too high
176 - HEGO sensor - voltage signal indicates lean
542, 543, and 556 - all these point to the fuel pump

Now maybe I'm crazy, but after being raped by my Ford dealer, should I be faced with these issues? That aside, could the fuel pump situation just be a bad relay in the trunk? Or...should I just take this *$#&-in thing back to Ford, especially since it's warranted? I'm so sick of this car's problems.

Thanks for any help,
John

If they put it in. I'd let them fix it since it is under warranty.They were supposed to check for things like that before the car left so it's their responability to make it right. unless it's problems other than the engine that needs worked on.

While you most certainly can take it back, they will charge you for it. Might as well fix it yourself. Get a fuel pressure gauge and check fuel. Do your own diagnostics, you will learn from it and prevent yourself from getting bent over next time. These are old cars. You are going to have to learn about them or you will go poor quickly.

Let us know what you find out with the fuel pressure.

Replace the O2 sensors. The heater circuit for the O2 sensor is the same one the EEC uses to monitor the fuel pump circuit. I had same problem with 91 SC.

Jerry

Back