Blower top

rad_al_

I have a friend that works at a machine shop & says he can modify my stock top. I showed him what I would like done. How big of a plate can he put on the bottom before I start running into clearance issues with my stock 94 hood or issues with the tubing lining up correctly?

Plate

rad_al_ said:
I have a friend that works at a machine shop & says he can modify my stock top. I showed him what I would like done. How big of a plate can he put on the bottom before I start running into clearance issues with my stock 94 hood or issues with the tubing lining up correctly?
If it is done right you can go 1" but I would just go 3/4" to play it safe. It is better to play it safe because you get on it hard from a dead stop one time if it is close and you get a little dent in the hood. A few years ago I got one from a guy that made them and got a 1" and lets say I have a little dent. :(

1QuikV6 said:
I had a 1" on my 89 and never got a dent... Must have to do with motor mounts...
Could also be tolerance stacking a few hundredthes here and there and viola a dent.

I have no problem cutting a hole in the hood for it til I get a hood. Some woman backed into it and bent the part inbetween the headlights and the bumper has that UGLY yellow showing on one corner... I coulda killed her :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back