Got a BHJ....what pullies?

fastsc92

Alright, got my BHJ but not sure what to do for pullies. I can either :

Balance my stocker
Get aluminum stock size pullies from ryan
get aluminum underdrives from ryan

Not sure what i should do. I figure i'll be spending about 80-100 to get my stocker balanced. The new BHJ weighs a lot more than the stocker so I'm thinking maybe i should offset the added weight of the balancer with some lighter pullies.

Looking for your input on the issue. I'm also in the process of my front mount, and if i get underdrives i'm worried about cooling issues. Just looking for some more info and opinons if anyone wants to respond. Thanks guys.

cost me $35 at RAD machine in ludlow Ma to zero the stocker. should not cost you more than 60 locally or your being ripped off!

i've been quoted about 60-80 at most places and as high as 100...... Just not sure of the weight difference, or the underdrive option.

The cost will depend on how out of balance the stock pulley is.

Personally I'd go with standard pulley. Or better yet, whatever I can get done the fastest. Because when I get to that point on my motor, I'll be chomping at the bit to wrap it up.

Might as well go with underdrive pulleys, at least the crank. Do a search on the "for sale " section and i'm sure you can find a set for a decent price.

As far as the weight difference I think that is negligable ,the choice is yours for what ever you want. I went with the stock pulley because it was my cheapest option. If money is no object go for the underdrive .They have a couple of nice looking sets out there.

I have the SCP March underdrive set. It works fine except I dont use the alternator pulley. Also I have Ryans Jackshaft pulley on my car. After seeing the quality of that piece I would suggest you buy the underdrives from him as they must be as nice as the Jackshaft pulley he sells. Its worth the extra money in my opinion.

Another reason for the underdrives is to reduce weight. The BHJ piece is heavier than stock so you get some of that back with the underdrive pulleys.

Back