bolt pattern help needed pls

rob_731

hey , i bought a really nice set of 17 inch wheels with good rubber.was gonna sell them but i would really like to put them on my 92,but they dont fit ,they bolt to a mustang though,is there any thing i can do to make these rims fit? :confused: (they are a 5 bolt)

TBirds use a 4.25"x5 bolt pattern while Mustangs use 4.5"x5 pattern so in short Mustang wheels will not fit a TBird. You can however change all your hubs to Mustang hubs in order to use Mustang wheels but its not a fun job.

i have adapters

i purchased a set of adapters made of billet aluminum for my bird a while ago because i wanted to put a set of racing hart wheels on (19" z5000) but i recently purchased another set of rims witch are bigger and match my bolt pattern so i dont need this adapters anymore so let me know if you want them we can make a deal. email me at ftovar50@sprintpcs.com

Changing the bolt pattern requires swapping in mustang front hubs, and having the rear hubs front rotors and rear rotors re-drilled in the mustang pattern. I

f you have a shop re-drill the rear hubs and press in new studs, re-drill the rotors and find wrecking yard front hubs, you are looking at about 3-500 dollars plus having your car down while it's apart.

BTW, I did the swap, but I was doing a mess of mods anyway, so it was just one more thing on the list.

Back