I just cant win at home!!

tim

As some of you know its time to fix the S.C. again. I have been thinking about swapping in a big block. I told the wife I dont have any idea what it is going to cost to fix the car. I get a stare. You know which one right. So I told her look I may put a big block in it. It will be more reliable and I can build it to make more power. Now she says well then it wont be a Real S.C anymore will it? Why dont you just fix the car so its what it was, a special car! I cant win! I give up. Well next week end the compression and leak down get done and I will have a better idea of what I am dealing with. Thanks for listening to me rant!! :(

My girlfriend likes the SC for what it is, but she also said she wants to drive it when I put a big block in it.... so..... buy another one cheap with a blown motor and put a big block in it. Then you can have the best of both worlds. Rebuild the 3.8L and keep it coverred on a stand in the garage or shed and you'll have a backup motor just in case you kill your V6.

Tim,

It's a female thing. They all say the same stuff and none of it makes any sense. My wife keeps telling me she just wants to drive the car and not break it anymore. But then she says if I just took it back to the track on a good day I'd be able to get that elusive 11 sec time. So on one hand she's gonna kill me if I break it again, but at the same time she wants me to go to the track and thrash on it until I get an 11 sec time. I can't win. :eek:

Well I am really torn. I really like the S.C. motor but I have to say I havent had a lot of luck with this one. I could do better heads and cam If I redo it.So thats on the plus side. I dont know what the story is on the short block yet so thats a toss up. If I need new pistons I dont even know where to get them to fit the 351 rods? I would go full float on the rods this time and drop the compression down to 9.25 to 1 I think. Or go with a big block and get rid of the computer and all the other sensors and garbage. I truly dont know which way to go. I have so much in parts for this car now and I hate to quit! I will know a lot more next weekend when we pull the heads off. :eek:

Back