Check It Out! Temp Sending Unit!

waschevy

I couldn't find an easy place to hook it up. What do you think of this?

Attachments

• tempsmall.jpg
    tempsmall.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 292
Raptor said:
Where is that? Can't tell from the pic.

Thank's

Bill

Yeah, where is that? I'm looking to add a second temp sensor so I am very interested in the location of yours.

Looks like it is installed in the "burp valve" tube. (the valve that you open up when you do a flush and fill on the cooling system)

Its located on the air bleed pipe that has that white cap on it.

The only problem I see having it there is the lack of coolant flowing through there. so your having to wait for the temperature of the coolant to migrate up to the sensor through the coolant sitting in there, and if there is air trapped in there then you won't even get a good temp reading.

Nice thought though.....

Frit

fturner said:
Its located on the air bleed pipe that has that white cap on it.

The only problem I see having it there is the lack of coolant flowing through there. so your having to wait for the temperature of the coolant to migrate up to the sensor through the coolant sitting in there, and if there is air trapped in there then you won't even get a good temp reading.

Nice thought though.....

Frit

I agree. Located up there it is not getting enough coolant flow thereby giving you false readings which is worse than no readings at all. If you want accurate readings you should replace the stock gauge sender with your aftermarket one and install the stocker up there. Your stock gauge will now be even less accurate than it was before but you won't care now will you. :D

Back