Accel Fuel Injectors..........any known problems?

edspringer

I recently purchased 6 new Accel 36 lbs injectors for my 94 SC. I was only getting idle headaches and bad gas mileage with the 38 lbs injectors so I thought this would be a good chance to get better mileage and idle. Well, was I surprised. When I finished the job I fired her up and got an instant miss that was not there before. I verified the right plugs were on the right injectors via wiring diagrams. I went for a spin and when I accelerated I got a bad miss with little power and no backfire. The wires have 25K miles on them and the iridium plugs have 15K miles. So I pulled the injector plugs off one at a time except for #3 and I thought the #4 injector (right behind the coil pack) was the culprit since there was little change in the idle. An hour and a half later I had replaced the #4 injector with an old Ford 36 lbs injector and it still misses. I'm stumped so I thought I would ask the wizards about Accel injectors. My 94 is one sick puppy and has been for about 8 months! I hope I live long enough to get it running as good as my 90 XR7. Any info would be appreciated!!!!!!

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger Upgrade, 36# injectors, 190 l/h fuel pump, 5% SC Pulley, 180° Stat, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Under drive Pulleys, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Rear Spring Air Bags, Ripper Shifter, 73 C&L MAF, Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, 38# injectors, 190 l/h fuel pump, 180° Stat, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76 C&L MAF, Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, ProTorque 2500 TC, Tokico Struts & Shocks, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, dyno 235 RWHP at 315 LB-FT. Torque.

Just wondering if you're running the right sampling tube in that C&L MAF for your injectors????

Frit

Did you but in 36 accel or 38. Since stock are 94-95 are 36.
I think accel injectors need more fuel PSI on the rail then the stock ones
might want to look up what they need.

I think I screwed up!

I put 36 lbs injectors back in with a gold sample tube per the C&L web site. However, I believe I crimped the fuel rail line. I noticed the driver side injectors have very little change in the idle when I remove the plugs. The passenger side injectors really make a difference in the idle when I remove the plugs. When I changed the injectors I bent the fuel rail line that runs under the SC snout at a pretty good angle. Is that a metal line? If so, I probably crimped the line and have reduced the fuel pressure in the driver side injectors. I'm going to pull it apart again, replace the fuel pressure regulator and remove the fuel rail and inspect/repair it, if possible. Thanks for the feedback!

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, UD Pulleys, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, 36 lbs Injectors, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73mm CL MAF (Blue Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants and Rear Spring Air Bags.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76mm CL MAF (Gold Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Pro-Torque 2500 Stall TC, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Tokico Struts & Shocks, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires and 235 RWHP with 315 LB-FT Torque.

Back