Anyone ever shorten the plug wires?

Dahoopd

I have the Taylor 8mm wires and they are long enough to skip rope with. Is there anyway to shorten them? Also one of my wires was laying on the header and it is burnt a little and dried up. It has a crack in the insulation but it doesnt go all the way through. Is the wire crap now?

Dahoopd said:
I have the Taylor 8mm wires and they are long enough to skip rope with. Is there anyway to shorten them? Also one of my wires was laying on the header and it is burnt a little and dried up. It has a crack in the insulation but it doesnt go all the way through. Is the wire crap now?
Yep, its crap. The only thing its good for is to belt a dissobediant dog or child with. :rolleyes: Seriously, if its leaking, its bad, but I'd change it out anyway.

There are spark plug wire crimpers and detailed information on universal wire sets. Follow their instructions.

Leaking?

What do you mean by leaking. I am sure it was arching before I pulled it from thew header but there isnt a crack all the way through. I am sure the answer means I have to buy a complete set to replace one? Thanks for the reply. Its hard to get em around here even if you do a 4 day search.

The universal sets are JUNK. I wasted $100.00 on some 9mm blue ford racing wires. When I went to convert over my set of brass angle tips and boots, every single one of my tips broke when I tried to re-crimp it on the wire. Talk about me being ticked off. I still have the set, maybe I can use them on my 460 big block.

Dahoopd said:
What do you mean by leaking. I am sure it was arching before I pulled it from thew header but there isnt a crack all the way through. I am sure the answer means I have to buy a complete set to replace one? Thanks for the reply. Its hard to get em around here even if you do a 4 day search.
Arcing is bad. Waiting for parts is worse.

Skipping Rope while waiting

I got the wires from SCP and they are like 10 feet long each. I figured somethin was gonna go wrong sooner or later. They are laying all over the IC tubes and fall down on the headers, the ground etc... Hell, I tripped over them in the driveway and the hood was closed...lol

Back