PDA

View Full Version : Hissing climate control

quick35th
04-26-2005, 01:01 PM
So lately I have been hearing this weird hissing inside my car. It was driving me nuts listening to it so I searched around for the noise. I stuck my head by the heater controls after I shut the car off once and heard the noise coming from it. Whats weird about it is when you are not touching the gas peddle is hisses but as soon as you start pushing the gas peddle it goes away then comes right back the second you let up off the gas. Now before someone says to check my boost gauge vac line I know that is not the problem because with the car off I can mess with the bottons on the climate control while it is hissing and I can get the hissing to stop them come back. I can imagine there is a seal bad or a leak somewhere inside of the climate control thats going to require me to change it out. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Shane

MartianBob
04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I've had the same problem for about a year now.
It goes away when I turn on the heat.
Does not seem to affect performance, I have good vac and boost numbers.
I'd be interested if you fix it though!

Cheers
Bob

the-big-e
04-26-2005, 04:30 PM
There are some vacuum hoses that control the air to floor vents, the air to windshield outlets, and the outside recirculate door.....

Maybe it is one of these hoses that is hissing or pinched.....

If not, be very careful......It could be a deadly Black Momba that The Crocodile Hunter's Steve Irwin lost when you gave him a lift to the airport :D Whoa.....Krieky......Don't get tagged and have a good day, mate......

quick35th
04-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Next time I get a chance I am going to the local junk yard and see if I can pick up another climate control unit and we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll snag the lines just incase.

Shane

Scott Long
04-26-2005, 05:53 PM
why not just pop the unit out of the dash and have a look-see?

quick35th
04-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Yeah I could do that to.

Shane