My rear view mirror broke off really bad.

moore89

Ok my rear view mirror (out of nowhere) decided to fall off. At first I thought the glue had weakened and let go. That was not the case, the mirror actually took a peice of windshield with it. A piece a little bigger than the base and about 3 or 4 thumbnails thickness. It did not go all the way through the inner layer to the plastic/glue layer but made quite an impression. Is there anyway to reatach the broken piece to the window and relocate the mirror or am i screwed until I can get a new windshield?

moore89 said:
Ok my rear view mirror (out of nowhere) decided to fall off. At first I thought the glue had weakened and let go. That was not the case, the mirror actually took a peice of windshield with it. A piece a little bigger than the base and about 3 or 4 thumbnails thickness. It did not go all the way through the inner layer to the plastic/glue layer but made quite an impression. Is there anyway to reatach the broken piece to the window and relocate the mirror or am i screwed until I can get a new windshield?

Super Glue it (glass to glass) back on and forget about it until it falls off again.

David

i did this..

hi there, leave the glass on there, then go to the local auto parts store and buy the special rear view mirror glue , super glue was too brittle when i tried it.

Paul

Took a piece of glass with it? I'd like to know what kind of glue that was. I have a hard time keeping mine stuck to my windshield.

Head down to your local hobby store and buy a bottle of Zap-A-Gap CA+ gap filling glue-use it all the time when I need something repaired that I have to use a CA glue.

Hi all.
Superglue will crack your windshield. Use the glue from a shop that installs
windshields.
Thanks Vidar.

Back