Help!! Engine code lights and other problems

adpsmp

I need some help with my 94SC
I rebuilt the snout and ported the blower and inlet plenum, added 70mm BBK TB, 76mm MAF and 5% pulley. I thought all was good yesterday......
Today, at normal revs and driving everything is good....but the check engine light comes on and off every minute or two, I have a tremendous amount of rattle or clatter during hard acceleration that I think is from the supercharger but I'm not positive (it has new snout bearings, seal, solid coupler (T-Bird88) and rear needle bearings) and 3 times when I came to a stop and started to accelerate, it didn't seem to have any power for a second or two....then just accelerated normally afterward.

So....first...what would cause the check engine light to come on and off, and how can I read the codes on a 94-95?
second....would the solid coupler make that much noise...more than the blower did when the original coupler was going out...or could it be something else?
third....what would cause the sudden intermittent decrease in power?

Oh...The car has 2 1/4 dual exhaust, 5% pulley, Aluminum JSP, New Taylor wires, and the other above mentioned items.

Please help me.....I need to have it running correctly by Saturday to get it dyno'ed and tuned by Dave Dalke...

:confused:

When you put the new coupler on was it a nice tight fit on the pins, because with a new coupler & bearings the blower should be as quiet as a mouse. I wonder if the noise your getting during hard acceleration isn't some sort of detonation. I would immediately check the CEL codes and let us know what you find.

yes...it was tight against the three pins. What is the best way to check the codes without taking it to the Ford Stealership?

I forget how, but there is a way to check the codes by using a jumper on the EEC port under the hood (Haynes describes it in their manual). However, you can buy the basic Actron code reader for Fords @ WalMart for about $30 (it's the only reader that also does the ABS system). Maintaining all the family cars myself (Ford, Chrysler, GM etc) I finally broke down and bought an AutoXray scanner that does all makes & models for about $350.00 incl' a pc interface (worth every penny as far as I'm concerned).

Back