Need help bad! Anti-lock and Brake light on all the time....

KocaPuff

I just purchased my father's 1991 Ford Super Coupe, Red, with 133,000 miles and still going strong, he took really good care of it, but it has some problems... I need help bad how to troubleshoot the brake problems so I can fix it myself..

Need help bad! Anti-lock and Brake light on all the time.... PLEASE ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW I CAN TROUBLESHOOT AND BUY THE RIGHT PARTS, BECAUSE THEY ARE EXPENSIVE!!!!

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the brakes working OK? Mine did that when the relay failed. But I lost power assist when that happened.

Might be time to bite the bullet and have a tech run the codes on the ABS-if you know someone who has a Actron digital scanner you can use it to run the codes yourself-the test plug will work for ABS and ARC, along with the EEC test plug.

I Have Been All Over The Search Engine Reading, Please More Help Read..

Ok, I Got A Scanner And Pulled The Abs Code On My 1991 Sc. I Got A Code 21! I Checked The Resistance On The Assembly, Like It Called For And It Should Be Like 2 To 5.5 Ohms. I Got 4.3 Ohms, So It Is Good, So It Says I Do Not Have To Replace The Actuation Assembly. So What Is Wrong??? Must Be The Accumulator Then???

Also when I turn the key on I can hear the pump running and it runs continuously without shutting off.....

Please Help, You Guys Are Experts....

Last edited:
Hi everyone
I’m kind of having the same problem. My interlock light and bake light goes on and off. I still have a good brake pedal.
91 sc

mine did the same thing i change the abs relay in the fuse box it did nothin kept running with the car off took it to ford they change some other relay and it fixed it

I was leaking brake fluid from one of my brake lines and everytime my accumulater got low on fluid, the brake light would stay on, and if I let it leak too much the brake and the antilock light would stay on.

KocaPuff said:
Ok, I Got A Scanner And Pulled The Abs Code On My 1991 Sc. I Got A Code 21! I Checked The Resistance On The Assembly, Like It Called For And It Should Be Like 2 To 5.5 Ohms. I Got 4.3 Ohms, So It Is Good, So It Says I Do Not Have To Replace The Actuation Assembly. So What Is Wrong??? Must Be The Accumulator Then???

Also when I turn the key on I can hear the pump running and it runs continuously without shutting off.....

Please Help, You Guys Are Experts....
Codes aren't going to do you any good; its not an ABS problem. If the lights are on and the pump motor runs continuously, then that means that either the pressure switch is inop or the pump itself is doing nothing. It could also be that the accum is 100.0% dead. I'd borrow a replacement, even a used one, just to test it out. ;) You can spend $ on a new one, but if you have a pump problem or a wiring problem, then obviously that won't fix anything.

Last edited:
roy_b said:
Hi everyone
I’m kind of having the same problem. My interlock light and bake light goes on and off. I still have a good brake pedal.
91 sc
Roy, you have a failing ABS accumulator. You also have no ABS and no rear brakes; check it out in a wet parking lot sometime. If you let it go for too long, you'll have no power assist.

Back