Throw-out bearing question

darkstar_one

Seems that the throwout bearing that was supplied with my clutch kit is too small compared to the oem one... its about a good inch and half smaller... will the slave cylinder include a new one? or do i get a new one the same size?

darkstar_one said:
Seems that the throwout bearing that was supplied with my clutch kit is too small compared to the oem one... its about a good inch and half smaller... will the slave cylinder include a new one? or do i get a new one the same size?

I bought a LUK clutch kit and the throwout bearing was pretty much identical to the one that came on the slave cylinder that I bought from FORD a year ago. The LUK throwout bearing seemed to be a bit better quality, so I changed the OEM one for the one in the kit. I think I threw it away, but I will check. If I have it, you are welcome to it for the price of shipping.

I have a 94 SC...don't know if the 89-93s are different.

RustyUL said:
I bought a LUK clutch kit and the throwout bearing was pretty much identical to the one that came on the slave cylinder that I bought from FORD a year ago. The LUK throwout bearing seemed to be a bit better quality, so I changed the OEM one for the one in the kit. I think I threw it away, but I will check. If I have it, you are welcome to it for the price of shipping.

I have a 94 SC...don't know if the 89-93s are different.

I found the Throwout bearing from my 1994 Slave cylinder. Brand new if you need it. Just PM me your zip code and I can tell you what it will cost to ship if you need it....

I also have a brand new bearing from my 90. I bought it before the clutch slave and the slave came with one. I don't know if all replacement slaves come with the bearing. You can have it for shipping if you want.

Back