Vacuum

Quick Cat 89

how much should the vacuum guage read at idle. mine sits around -16 but i didn't think that was very good. i have put clamps on all hoses around the back of the supercharger and sprayed carb cleaner on all sc tubes to check for leaks and found none. there has to be another place to look i just dont know where it is. any ideas? -16 might be ok, i just didnt think that was low enough.

I pull almost 20 at idle..........but then again I'm on my factory gauge.......not sure how accurate it is.

I was pulling about 18, Then I ran some Seafoam through my combustion chambers and my vac went to 21. Must have cleaned out something. Of course factory gauge.

minbe said:
I was pulling about 18, Then I ran some Seafoam through my combustion chambers and my vac went to 21. Must have cleaned out something. Of course factory gauge.

I might try running some of that seafoam through it. it definately wouldnt hurt it. can you get it at any local auto parts store or what? :cool:

18-22 " is the baseline for any car; but if you have an automatic trans and your reading the vacuum in Park, then 16" wouldn't be out of place (stock gauge accuracy considered).

nevermind guys...it was just the stock guage...i installed a boost guage last weekend and its sitting dead on twenty at idle...so im pretty pleased..i did change out about 3 of the old vacuum lines that pretty much fell apart when i touched them..that might have helped.. im just happy i have healthy vacuum now!! :D

Back