Okay I need Serious Help! Experts Please Help. Anyone with a clue... throw it in...

darkstar_one

Okay dudes... my car is a 1991 SC, it has the date of 12/90.

I am currently doing the 5 speed conversion. Now. I have the flywheel from a 1990 SC that i bought from here on the board. I have it resurfaced and is on the crank already. The transmission i have is from a 89 XR7 the ones with the duracast cranks.

Question 1:
Do i get a clutch set for a 1990 SC?

Question 2:
Do i need the 2 dowel pins?

Question 3:
What is this that 1990 Pressure Plates Requie Shoulder Bolts?

Question 4:
Do i return my clutch set? And get a good name brand one?

Question 5:
Do the bolts on the 2nd picture look okay? Or do they require something else like a washer or something? My dad says they require a lock washer or pressure washer? Thanks

Here is a picture thanks a million!

Attachments

• FLYWHEELQUESTION.JPG
    FLYWHEELQUESTION.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 79
  • boltswithshouldders.jpg
    boltswithshouldders.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
The 89 or 90 clutch disc and PP should work. I just finished the 5-speed swap on my 90. I had no pins just bolts. I'm not sure now but I don't remember any split washers on the PP bolts and I pulled my parts from a parts car and installed exactly what I pulled off

Not all the flywheels were duracast. I would buy the clutch set for an 89 XR7/SC just in case. They are probably the same P/N. I am doing the swap as well from an 89 SC to my 90 XR7. I just did a price check on LuK clutch sets for a 89 SC and it didn't ask me to specify which flywheel or crank it has. Nice Heads! :)

Back