Should I replace the clutch MC?

Jeremy_K

I'm gathering parts for a 5 speed swap. The clutch Master cylinder I got from the donor car has some nasty black fluid in it. Will i be able to flush this out? The donor car had over 220K on the clock. If I need to replace it where's a good place to get it? Auto zone sells them for $70.99.

If Youre Strapped, Can We Say Peace Of Mind? Im Sure You Know As Well As Anyone It Sucks To Do A Job Once On These Cars, Let Alone Twice. I Replaced Mine When I Had To Replace The Clutch Hydraulic Line, Just So I Didnt Have To Do It Again Later.

Im with him...u should replace it while ur at it. Needless to say, the same goes with pretty much all parts with the trans...T.O and pilot bearings, clutch disk and press. plate, slave cyl, and flywheel resurface. For my 94 the guy that i bought it off had just replaced the clutch but didnt replace the pilot bearing which apparently is one of my problems (besides bad synchros)...so you can imagine my joy!

CaifanSC said:
Im with him...u should replace it while ur at it. Needless to say, the same goes with pretty much all parts with the trans...T.O and pilot bearings, clutch disk and press. plate, slave cyl, and flywheel resurface. For my 94 the guy that i bought it off had just replaced the clutch but didnt replace the pilot bearing which apparently is one of my problems (besides bad synchros)...so you can imagine my joy!
Yeah I was just making sure. I'm rebuilding the tranny all new rebuild kit with a new clutch set and shifter anyway. It's only $71 more for the MC so no biggie. Just wondering if it was scrimpable :p (new word?)

Back