Need Help with my coy miller cam...

DirtySouthBird

I just got me a Coy Miller Stg. 1 Cam for my 95' SC, and guess what I only paid $112.00 for it brand new in the box.. I got a set of ported heads w/ 3 angle valve job and a ported intake on a motor that is sitting aroung.. It has brand new gaskets from the heads up and has only been drivin one time could I reuse the head gaskets? My current mods are ported s-model with %5 overdriven pulley, Mac cold air kit and full exhaust also got the Taylor wires and NGK Iridiums. With this I hit a 14.8 1/4mi. Im planning to add a double intercooler and 3.73 gears as well as a raised top.. like I mentioned I just got a coy miller cam and are going to be adding the 305 pushrods and 1.73 roller rockers, I dont know which ones I should get wether stud or the ones that bolt down.. Do you all think I shoul just put the ported heads with arp head studs and intake with the cam and how much HP and TQ would I gain? Also what do you all think I would be hitting in the 1/4mi.? Also what other mods would you all recommend?
Thanks,
Drty South

Last edited:
DirtySouthBird said:
I just got me a Coy Miller Stg. 1 Cam for my 95' SC, and guess what I only paid $112.00 for it brand new in the box.. I got a set of ported heads w/ 3 angle valve job and a ported intake on a motor that is sitting aroung.. It has brand new gaskets from the heads up and has only been drivin one time could I reuse the head gaskets? My current mods are ported s-model with %5 overdriven pulley, Mac cold air kit and full exhaust also got the Taylor wires and NGK Iridiums. With this I hit a 14.8 1/4mi. Im planning to add a double intercooler and 3.73 gears as well as a raised top.. like I mentioned I just got a coy miller cam and are going to be adding the 305 pushrods and 1.73 roller rockers, I dont know which ones I should get wether stud or the ones that bolt down.. Do you all think I shoul just put the ported heads with arp head studs and intake with the cam and how much HP and TQ would I gain? Also what do you all think I would be hitting in the 1/4mi.? Also what other mods would you all recommend?
Thanks,
Drty South
You can't reuse the headgaskets. However, you are just swapping the cam, you don't need to pull the heads.

As for guessing power or times, there just isn't enough information. Even if there was, you still can't easily predict power or times.

I was wondering why I could'nt re-use the head gaskets when I've only driven the car from the shop and back home... I havent turned it back on...
I just bought them and then not be able to use them really sucks.. =(

DirtySouthBird said:
I was wondering why I could'nt re-use the head gaskets when I've only driven the car from the shop and back home... I havent turned it back on...
I just bought them and then not be able to use them really sucks.. =(

Because they are not made to be reused. They will probably get torn up just removing them because of the gasket sealer that should have been sprayed on them before installing. Then there are the fire rings that flatten and conform to the head and block surface when the heads are torqued down.

Why didn't you just have the shop install the new heads ?

David

Back