PDA

View Full Version : Brake problems

racer88
04-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a new or good used Hydraulic Actuator Assembly for a '92 T-bird? or where I can get mine rebuilt? When I apply the brakes the brake light and the anit-lock light comes on and the pedal goes to the floor and then tightens up again. Any help on this situation would be great.

Thanks
Bennie

MIKE 38sc
04-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Prior Mfg sells rebuilds but be prepaired to spend more than the car is worth and as a bonus more than likely you will get to change out a few bad rebuilds until you get a good one.
Welcome to the Tieves hunk a junk club. :(

racer88
04-28-2005, 06:04 AM
Thanks Mike, do you have a web site or phone number for Prior Mfg?

Can the brake system be converted over to a standard master cyclinder and brake booster?

the-big-e
04-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Go to www.priorreman.com then take a valium and sit down...... :eek:

They quoted me a price of $650.00 for a complete rebuild and they didn't have one in stock.....I would have to send them mine and they would rebuild it and have it back to me in 5 or 6 weeks........ :(

There is a thread here where someone used a master cylinder from a 93 Crown Vic and had very good results.......I might have to try it if I can't get mine working properly.......

If you want to keep your Teves system, try Spinning Wheels.......I was just down there and Victor had 3 or 4 Teves master units in stock......

gldiii
04-28-2005, 09:24 AM
There are discounts for club members at Prior Reman and SIA (http://www.siaelec.com/)

Both are listed on our links page on our main site.