MAFS troubles

CMac89

I bought an 80mm C&L and I started having some problems along with fuel pressure. I got the fuel pressure problem fixed, but then the car still wont idle and it dies and won't drive. I took it to the auto shop and the guy said the sensor was bad off of the maf so I bought a used one from a guy here on sccoa, switched them out and it was doing the same thing.

Whenever unplug the maf sensor the car idles fine, but whenever I plug it in the car dies. I have 42 # injectors and the sct custom computer chip programmed for it.

Has anybody ever had this problem?

sounds like a calibration problem with the MAF or the injectors. Did you just switch injectors, MAF or did you switch both at the same time?

I'm willing to bet there is a problem with the calibration. Are you sure that the injectors are 42lb? What brand?

hmm..i'm running 42's from them as well...however i'm using a 73 c&l. I didn;t have any idle troubles, but I did have a very lean condition. I had to play with my eec tuner to get everything right. I haven't had any troubles since. C&L is weird, for some people they are bolt in, in other cars they are a world of trouble. Did you talk to them and see what sampling tube to use??

I'll look at the chip calibration again. I'm out of town at the moment and will be back on Monday. If you want to send the chip back I'll look at it as soon as I get home. I don't have my calibration file here so I can't verify the file until I get home.

Sorry about the trouble.

David

XR7 Dave said:
I'll look at the chip calibration again. I'm out of town at the moment and will be back on Monday. If you want to send the chip back I'll look at it as soon as I get home. I don't have my calibration file here so I can't verify the file until I get home.

Sorry about the trouble.

David
Don't get me wrong Dave. I'm not implying its your fault at all. The problem started before the computer chip went in anyway, so that's why I think its something else. If all else fails I'll send it back to you so you can look at it.

Well, the guy couldn't figure out what the deal was with the calibration issue, so he gave up on me. I was thinking about putting the stock maf and injectors back in to see if that helps it.

Any ideas?

Back