PDA

View Full Version : new tranny, but clutch is soft

smoSC
04-28-2005, 04:46 PM
just got my car bck from the tranny shop, i had the transmission replaced w a rebuilt one and the flywheel resurfaced. but now the i have it, the clutch pedal is really light and soft. now i have a spec stage 1 clutch and it was real nice and heavy before, so wat givves? also, i went to start the car, and i turned the key and nothing happened for like 2 seconds and then it started. there was kno click or crank, just nothin for the first few seconds anybody kno wat this might be?

Pops
04-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Does the clutch work all right? Nothing wrong with a light clutch pedal if it works, you'll be happy the first time you get stuck in a traffic jam. Hydraulic clutches are supposed to be light, so women can drive them. It sounds like surfacing the flywheel might have reduced your clutch travel enough to make a difference, but if it still works fine, count your blessings.

smoSC
04-29-2005, 08:25 AM
the cluth works fine, just i've always been use to it being heavy and having a nice feel. but now i've noticed that when i accelerate there sounds like theres a whining noise thats sounds like inaligned gears, but doesnt happen when the clutch is in or in nuetral. and when i get on or off the gas it makes a make a tap noise that sounds like metal hitting metal. it only taps once and again it doesnt happen when in nuetral or w the clutch in. ???????? :confused: