'93 AOD won't start due to loose injector?

pablon2

Okay guys, I need you more than ever on this one, and fast. My dyno tune is tomorrow and I went out to start the car this morning and I heard the fuel pump prime, but the car did not crank. It sounded like it does when you try to start it when the shift lever (AOD) is not in the Park position. I have replaced the fuel injectors and thought that maybe one had come loose during my drive yesterday. Will the car not start if an injector is loose? Whether physically or the electrical connector? I can hear what sounds like an injector when I prime the pump. Is this normal? I don't recall hearing that with the stock injectors. I visually inspected them and they seem to be fine. No smell of gas either. After repeated pump primes my line pressure did not get above 40psi (normal)?

What could cause the car to not start? Not even a clicking or anything. I had a new tranny put in, is it possible the shift lever isn't going forward enough in Park to allow the car to start? All I know is I gotta fix this fast. Thanks for any help. P.S. I would have thrown this thread in the 'Performance' section as it is a modded car, but I know this forum gets more exposure and I need answers quick.

P.S. battery tests at 12.39 volts.

If it won't even crank then there is no way its a bad injector. I'd look at 2 main things. Starter solenoid on the fenderwell, and the neutral safety switch in the trans.

Put it in Neutral and try to start it. Or put it in park, turn the key on, and use a long blade flat head screw driver to jump the terminals on the upper solenoid.

Last thing I can think of happened to me, both were fine but the starter solenoid on the starter itself had a crack in it. I found it out after I bought a new starter and when I removed it I saw the crack. So I took the new starter back and bought a solenoid for it. I think the parts store didn't have a listing for it, so I had to match it up w/ one they had in stock. Or maybe they didn't list the fenderwell one.

Anyways I changed it, put it back on, and the car fired up.

If you had a crank but no start I'd look elsewhere, but since it won't even crank you got other problems than injectors. Oh and don't rule out the ignition switch in the steering column either.

Back