AOD troubles?

boltman

Alright.....the question is, "what isn't wrong with my trans."

Slow to engage into reverse, shifts really hard into OD, and 2nd to 3rd bumps and slips like crazy before engaging. I've already drained and flushed the trans, put in a new filter and put in two bottles of Lucas Trans Fix. The Lucas helped but I'm sure the trans has major issues.......just wondering what ya'll think? And if the trans needs replacing what is better:

1) Rebuilt trans
2) Art-Kar
3) Lentech

Get the TV cable linkage set properly...

First, make sure the cable is still connected at the throttlebody. If not, reconnect it before driving the car...
There are descriptions on this bbs on how to adjust the TV cable linkage so that the fluid pressures increase/decrease correctly, but the best thing is to have the linkage adjusted with a pressure gauge.

Adjust the TV cable yourself. If you don't see immediate improvement, then its not the problem. The TV cable doesn't require micro precise adjustment for the trans to work basically correctly; even if its off by a slight amount, it wouldn't cause the problems you described.

As for a replacement, rebuilt is OK, but you have to find a shop with a good rep; any rebuild less than $1000 you should stay away from.

Last edited:
Back