PDA

View Full Version : Intake Dividers

Dahoopd
04-29-2005, 06:34 PM
If anyone is interested in purchasing an intake divider let me know. I just recently finished a mock up for the SC and have completed items for various Sentras and Hondas if you are into the ricers. I just recently got hit with 9 of them from the ricer geeks.

I am offering them painted and polished. The painted dividers are made from 26 gauge steel. They are light enough for weight to not be of concern. The polished is fabricated from aluminum and I am in the process of getting pics of those posted. The divider comes with installation instructions the required mounting screws and a template for properly aligning the holes needed to install. As you can see from the pics the divider separates 95% of the heat from the motor and pulls directly from the fender. It also follows the contour of the fender and hood. The hole for the intake tube accomodates tubes upto 4".

The price is $25 Painted $35 Polished + shipping. Let me know if your are interested.

T@Sound-Xtreme
04-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Looks good man. ;)

Tyler

Kurt K
04-30-2005, 12:56 AM
If anyone is interested in purchasing an intake divider let me know. I just recently finished a mock up for the SC and have completed items for various Sentras and Hondas if you are into the ricers. I just recently got hit with 9 of them from the ricer geeks.

I am offering them painted and polished. The painted dividers are made from 26 gauge steel. They are light enough for weight to not be of concern. The polished is fabricated from aluminum and I am in the process of getting pics of those posted. The divider comes with installation instructions the required mounting screws and a template for properly aligning the holes needed to install. As you can see from the pics the divider separates 95% of the heat from the motor and pulls directly from the fender. It also follows the contour of the fender and hood. The hole for the intake tube accomodates tubes upto 4".

The price is $25 Painted $35 Polished + shipping. Let me know if your are interested.

Looks good, but one thing to consider. The hole for the MAF doesn't look like it's going to be big enough for aftermarket MAFs.

XxSlowpokexX
04-30-2005, 03:12 AM
I may be in for a polished one.., Let me know when you got one finsihed.

Ypu can also perhaps make the divider start after the MAF and maybe even make a support bracket for MAG so tube isnt supporting teh weight of the system..

Great price though and seriously Id be interested

Dahoopd
04-30-2005, 11:25 AM
The hole accomodates a 4" intake tube. If you have a larger tube than that let me know. I could have adjusted the divider so the Air Meter was after the divider but it limites the amount of space associated with inbound flow. Less area-less air. The paint on the posted pics is crap. I have a friend that may be doing the powder coating for the painted ones. They will only be in the basic colors. Flat Black, White, Silver and of course Polished.

XxSlowpokexX
04-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Id still be interested in a polished one when made available and willlet you knwo how fitment goes. Its on a stock Sc so a 4 inch holeisnt even needed

Dahoopd
04-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Actually the one I mocked up was for my stock tube so I only used a 3.5 hole. I then created the polished one in 4". But I am thinking I need to mock it up useing an 80mm MAF to accomodate the larger tube and meter.

rzimmerl
05-02-2005, 11:17 AM
i'm in for one, let me know when the deal goes down

Dahoopd
05-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Well I got the aluminum divider just about complete. With the trouble with my car I had to stop. Plus I was having issues with the whole polishing thing. Its turning out nice. I will post the picks soon.

SCaddict
05-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Well I got the aluminum divider just about complete. With the trouble with my car I had to stop. Plus I was having issues with the whole polishing thing. Its turning out nice. I will post the picks soon.
Is there any news on this?