PDA

View Full Version : multiple questions

1BLOWN90
04-29-2005, 09:54 PM
i have a 90 sc and i have several questions. i have 36# injectors, 10% OD, head work, ported intake, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, k&n cone filter, b&m ripper shifter, 3.27 gears, 94/95 blower, h & r lowering springs, no cats, dual in single 2 1/2 out with a magnaflow muffler and the exhaust exits right in front of the rear tire, and my double I/C is on its way. :D okay so here are my questions: 1. how much fuel pressure should i be running?? 2. i need a dyno tune is there any one around the NE Indiana region that can do them for a decent price? 3. is there anything that i am missing that would make all of these things run more efficiently together and get more power out of them? 4. what size belt should i be running with the 10%?

68COUGAR
04-29-2005, 10:29 PM
i have a 90 sc and i have several questions. i have 36# injectors, 10% OD, head work, ported intake, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, k&n cone filter, b&m ripper shifter, 3.27 gears, 94/95 blower, and my double I/C is on its way. :D okay so here are my questions: 1. how much fuel pressure should i be running?? 2. i need a dyno tune is there any one around the NE Indiana region that can do them for a decent price? 3. is there anything that i am missing that would make all of these things run more efficiently together and get more power out of them? 4. what size belt should i be running with the 10%?
(1) Most importantly, A good hi-flow exhaust system
(2) 10" 900 cfm DIC Fan (requires alum. ears weled to sides of DIC)
(3) Raised SC Top
(4) 70mm MAF
(5) 180 degree T-Stat

Angel Automotive in Elkhart ( http://www.angelautomotive.com/ ) can dyno your car. They did mine.

68COUGAR

1BLOWN90
04-29-2005, 10:46 PM
(1) Most importantly, A good hi-flow exhaust system
(2) 10" 900 cfm DIC Fan (requires alum. ears weled to sides of DIC)
(3) Raised SC Top
(4) 70mm MAF
(5) 180 degree T-Stat

Angel Automotive in Elkhart ( http://www.angelautomotive.com/ ) can dyno your car. They did mine.

68COUGAR
i have a 180 t-stat, and very good flowing exhaust. how much will a top help me?? and where can i find the fan?

1BLOWN90
05-02-2005, 01:34 AM
does any one else know anything that can help me out????

AsScLoWn
05-02-2005, 01:45 AM
you need a recalibrated computer or a mass air flow meter thats tuned for 36lb injectors, not just a 94/95 meter and sensor

you also could use a shorter blower belt, i think napa sells one, one size down, or some parts store place dealy

you can run stock pressures because you arent overdriving your injectors at this point is my guess, so about 35PSI at idle or throw the stock regulator back in, maybe even 30 at idle, beats me

yea and a guy down the road in Indiana can tune it for you, I forget the name of the shop and the guys name, he uses the mustang dyno or a dynojet, not sure what it was, you cant tune much on it anyways as it sits, so no point unless you like playing around with stuff

SCaddict
05-02-2005, 11:37 AM
i have a 90 sc and i have several questions. i have 36# injectors, 10% OD, head work, ported intake, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, k&n cone filter, b&m ripper shifter, 3.27 gears, 94/95 blower, h & r lowering springs, no cats, dual in single 2 1/2 out with a magnaflow muffler and the exhaust exits right in front of the rear tire, and my double I/C is on its way. :D okay so here are my questions: 1. how much fuel pressure should i be running?? 2. i need a dyno tune is there any one around the NE Indiana region that can do them for a decent price? 3. is there anything that i am missing that would make all of these things run more efficiently together and get more power out of them? 4. what size belt should i be running with the 10%?
I would get an intercooler fan right away. Permacool has an 8" 800cfm fan that fits great. I would get a C&L 76mm MAF and remove your A/C condenser if your A/C doesn't work. I use a stock belt with my 10% overdrive pulley with no slippage. However, I did put on a 3" tensioner pulley to help with slack. BTW upgrade your fuel pump it may not being doing well to keep up with fuel demands.