AF ratios and plug/wire question

matteo

i got my car dyno-ed today so i could send xr7dave my AF ratios, but it was a perfect 12 every pull. do i need a chip? what exactly will the chip do for me?

also, the tq and hp curves were very "bumpy" is the best way to describe them. the dyno guy recommended i replace the plugs and wires and it should smooth out a lot. i just replaced the plug with triple platinums from spinningwheels_sc. should i replace the wires? Also, should i have gapped the plugs differently than the way they came in the package?

thanks for the help, matt.

matteo said:
i got my car dyno-ed today .... should i have gapped the plugs differently than the way they came in the package? matt.
Hey Matt ....... not to get off the subject, but WHERE did you have your car dyno'd?? Have you ever been to SalemBoys in Tempe? They have a dyno there, and some incredibly good mechanics. I took my '88 TurboCoupe there after a dealer did a tuneup and it was running like junk! So bad that I even took it to a shop that installs Nitros to have them see what they could do with it. Nuthin. Then, over to SalemBoys where Eddy spotted the intercooler or something was not bolted on correctly. Ten minutes later I was on my way under full boost again! Hope you get your car fixed soon! ;) - Tom

ThunderTurkey said:
WHERE did you have your car dyno'd??

i went to prodyno near asu, they were cool, but i think i'll go to salemboys next time if they are that good.

Back