Brake repairs

menam99

In order to fix brake problems (hard brake pedal) with my 92 SC the mechanic at the Ford garage in my neighborhood recommended to replace the Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU). However, this part is no longer available through Ford.

Where do I get such a replacement part and what garage would perform such a repair (Westchester county NY)?

I see you are new to posting on this board, but if you use the search function there is plenty of info available on teves ll system. The odds are that you don't need a rebuilt unit. There are several things that can cause the problem you're experiencing, ie: accumulator, pump relay, etc. But if you really need a rebuilt, Prior Remanufacturing does these for about $650.00. If you become a member here there is a good discount available. Can't help with a mechanic in your area. Your exact problem is what caused me to find the SCCoA several years ago. The great, onmicient Ford dealer quoted me $4000.00 for replacing a "bad hydroboost unit" (which these cars don't have btw) After the convulsions stopped from choking on my tongue I declined Fords kind offer and started my search which resulted in finding this great site. In my case a new accumulator ball solved the problem. Good luck, John

Last edited:
Back