WTB PBR calipers?

Thomas95SC

Where can you buy the 2 piston PBR calipers to replace our stock ones? I bought some new ones from A-zone but i'm not sure if they are the right ones. Do we have the "sports perfomance package"? :confused:

Last edited:
You need to get calipers from a 1999 - 2004 Mustang V6 or GT. These are two piston PBR calipers that can bolt on to the 93 - 97 MN-12 spindles, and fit over the stock size 10.9" rotors. You need to get the mounting brackets or "anchors" that go with them as well. Chances are if you buy them at a parts store, they will only be the calipers themselves.

My suggestion would be to look at the classifieds on some of the Mustang forums, www.corral.net , or www.stangnet.com , to buy some take-off units. Lots of people with late-model Mustang GTs remove these calipers when they upgrade to Cobra brakes, and sell them complete with the brackets. You should be able to get a good used pair for around $100 - $150. Check out eBay as well, if you're comfortable buying from there.

cheers
Ed N.

I just bought a set off ebay. I was unaware of the need for the 93+ spindles and I got them and shined them all up and it wasn't until I prepared to install them that I realized that they weren't going to fit on my spindles. Doh!

Anyone got some 93+ spindles laying around?

can I buy the calipers new from a parts house? I cant seem to find the brackets for them but im sure I can find them in a junk yard. Are they a direct bolt up or require some modification? :confused:

fast Ed said:
You need to get calipers from a 1999 - 2004 Mustang V6 or GT. These are two piston PBR calipers that can bolt on to the 93 - 97 MN-12 spindles, and fit over the stock size 10.9" rotors.
Ed, do these calipers use the stock MN12 brake pads or are the stang pads needed?

Paul

You can buy them new from Ford, with brackets and brake pads, under part numbers 3R3Z 2B120 CA, and 3R3Z 2B121 CA. Pretty decent pricing on them, last time I checked. You should do a bit of grinding on either the spindles or the caliper brackets, to give you full range of movement once the pads start wearing, and the calipers move on the sliders. Try a search on the topic here, and on TCCoA. There have been some in-depth discussions on the installation process.

Paul, the pads are unique to 99 - 04 Mustang V6 & GT. They clamp on a large area of the rotor surface, one of the benefits of this upgrade.

cheers
Ed N.

There are plenty of used calipers on ebay....

I would recommend this route as many of these calipers have barely been used and are really cheap. I have a set I took off of a 2003 Mustang GT that we used for American Iron Extreme car. You could buy new, get some used off of Ebay or make me an offer for mine.

Here is a link to an Ebay auction I found using search mustang GT calipers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7970760848&category=33563&sspagename=WDVW

And one search using PBR caliper:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7971202111&category=33563&sspagename=WDVW

Here are my Calipers:

Attachments

• PBR calipers.JPG
    PBR calipers.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 67
  • PBR calipers 1.JPG
    PBR calipers 1.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 58
Back