Professional Products 75MM Throttle Body

Nettlesd

Has anyone purchased a Professional Products 75MM Throttle Body? I'm asking because the linkage I received for the TB doesn't have the ball on the end for the throttle cable. Their TB has a round disc and I believe ours has a ball. Is that correct?

Now, I called Professional Products and spoke to a representative and he told me that they were told that the SuperCoupe has the disc and not the ball for the throttle linkage. So, I want to confirm, our cars do have the ball for the throttle linkage and not a disc? Is that correct? If so, then I need to call Professional Products back and tell them they are sending out the wrong linkage on their products. I told the representative I would confirm the correct linkage and let him know.

Oh, all model years used the same linkage, meaning, earlier model years didn't use a disc and later model years a ball.

They have the ball...

They all have the ball on the end. Ford NEVER used a disc set-up. The ball and "socket" is used to connect the throttle cable to the throttle body.

Call them back and tell them they're WRONG!!!

Don

Thanks!

He claims that the company was sent a stock throttle body and that's what they went off of. Anyway, he said that they will change to the ball and socket linkage.

I thought for the Professional Products you had to modify them for the SC. Swap out the Mustang arm for the Tbird one. It does require welding.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=207782#post207782

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60486&highlight=professional+products

Here's a picture of a 94-95 BBK mustang 75mm. It also has the disc.

af_12_sb.JPG

Last edited:
Nope, they offer one (actually two, polished and satin) for our cars and it would be a direct bolt on if the correct linkage was supplied. I really think they just messed up at the shop and installed a Mustang linkage instead of the Thunderbird linkage. Whoever assembled it probably didn't realize it was for a Thunderbird and not a Mustang. The Thunderbird Throttle Body carries its own part number(s).

They are going to be sending me the correct linkage to swap out.

I have 2 of the protype PP 75mm TB's. Not sure which one you got but the SC 75mm PP has the correct linkage. Let me know if I can help. I have been the source feeding PP the parts and giving feedback to them.

Just to clarify. The throttle linkage is a ball and the AOD TV linkage is the round "disc" or nylon grommet.

I will have the satin and polished versions on display at Carlisle this year.

This pic is from the PP 75mm installed on my SC engine.

pp-75mm.JPG

Rich

Last edited:
So, it was YOU who told PP wrong! They did mention some bone-head that didn't know squat about SuperCoupes. :p Just messing with you Rich. Don't take any offense at that.

I believe the assembly of the unit was incorrect. Probably someone just grabbed the wrong linkage at that time and assembled it. Just a common mistake and oversight on their part. I do wonder how many were assembled like that.

Yes, you can get a Thunderbird SuperCoupe 75MM Throttle Body from Professional Products, which, from one of their dealers, should run $159.00 plus tax and shipping. Excellent deal if you ask me.

Now if they would only cast an SC inlet...Of course an SC TB was an easy score being it uses same houseing as a stang

OK here is the issue. The origional protype had the correct throttle cable linkage with ball fitting. When the production units came in the throttle linkage fitting had been changed. I know PP did not authorize such a substitute. I have sent them the data needed to go back to the manufacturer and resolve this issue.

Production throttle linkage.
pp-75mm-linkage.JPG

Prototype throttle linkage. PP on top BBK on bottom.
pp-proto-75mm-linkage.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, I just installed the replacement Throttle Body that they sent me and the ball is a little too big for the linkage. It makes the throttle heavy and it doesn't move as quickly as the BBK units. Also, the ball is bigger and the diameter of the shaft that the ball is mounted on is also bigger, circumference wise. I could barely get the linkage to snap onto the ball.

Well, I suppose I'll be calling them on Monday to explain the situation to them and see what they have to say. Anyone else have any problems?

Back