EEC pulling no codes

gtpcoop

I have called plenty of my SC's buddies. I have tried to pull codes even with a scanner and it does nothing. What is wrong? My car is hesitating. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

When you say pulling codes "does nothing", does that mean that you get "all clear" (111)? or does that mean that the ECM doesn't respond to the test? If you get all clear, at what RPM range do you noticing the hesitation? Is the hesitation a momentary lag in power? or is it more of a stutter under load.
Basically, more information is needed in order to diagnose the problem.

No Codes at all

When I say no codes, I mean no codes at all. The hesitation is like I don't have enough backpressure as if you had the resonator cut out and replaced with a straight pipe. RPM's take longer than usual to get up there, but the boost is 8-10. Doesn't want to get up to 5 grand. Kinda feels like I am missing. Thanks for the input.

Which test?

Which test have you tried to perform?
The Key On Engine Off or have you tried a Key On Engine Running test?
If there is no response from the EEC it could either be a bad connection between the scanner and the EEC or the EEC itself is bad.
It's rare for an EEC to not send codes.
Did you connect both the large triangular plug and the small ground plug to the scanner?
Lastly, during the key on engine off test did you get any activity from the fuel pump, fan, or solenoids when you switched from hold to test?
Sorry if any of these questions sound goofy, it's difficult to diagnose without physically being there.
Bill

bad codes

I hear nothing at all. I even cut the wire coming from the computer thinking there was a short and still no response. I get no bulb test or anything and I have already checked the bulb. I hear everything come on since I can start the car, but I am puzzled. Does anyone have an early 5 speed computer? Thanks.

Here's a stupid question, but I have to ask... Are you plugging into the ECM test connector, or possibly the ABS test port by mistake? I don't remember off the top of my head if the SC has both test ports up by the passenger side firewall, but they are on my SHO. They look identical with the exception of the second lead with the little square end connector on the ECM test port.
Basically, unless the test port harness is bad, the ECM will run through a series of system tests just before it generates the codes. You should hear the lowspeed and highspeed fans, the fuel pump, and a bunch of relays cycle on and off. Due to the fact that the car will crank, it sounds like you either have a bad test port connector from the ECM, a bad code reader, or you are plugged into the wrong port (ABS).

bad codes still

I have an sc friend from the club come over to help so i know I am putting the test leads to the right connector. Anyways, I could barley make it up a hill on the way home from work. I would let off the clutch and it stay running, but when I out it in gear it sputtered up the hill. Also, I am having a flooding problem when I try to start my car.

Back