Sc catbacks?

mrsneakyz28sc

I am soon to be owner of a 94 SC which I will be modding right away. Ive been looking at different stuff and I've noticed that there is not much of a selection for cat-back exhaust systems. In fact the only complete system I could find was the SCP from Supercoupe performance. Ive seen that u can get the flowmaster system and a magnaflow x-pipe, but I heard that can be restrictive when ur making lots of power. I plan to go with a 10% pulley and possibly an additional 5% jackshaft pulley so I dont want any kind of restriction. So basically are there any other alternatives to these to systems? Any cheaper or better looking?

Unfortunately you're really limited nowdays. Dynomax and Borla had both made systems in the past, but now are discontinued.

You'll probably be better off finding a local shop to do the work. On a 94, if possible, delete the 3rd cat at the Y of the 2 head pipes. Get a pair of high flow 2 1/4" cats, then have a muffler/resonator (I've used a Flowmaster 50 series and Dynomax Ultraflo in the past, the Ultraflo is significantly louder) installed with dual 2 1/4" inlets and a single 3" outlet. Have them split it again to dual 2 1/4" or dual 2 1/2" mufflers in the back. Dual 2 1/4" pipes give about the same flow as a single 3". 2 1/2" pipes are pointless and just cost more.

Unless you're planning on making over 325 RWHP, the 3" intermediate pipe will be fine. And it's about 10 times easier to fit.

mrsneakyz28sc said:
thanks for all ur help! btw what kind of setup did u have done to run that time with 305rwhp?

Currently, I have dual 2 1/2" hi flow cats, an Ultraflo dual in dual out 2 1/2" resonator (it's 2 pipes straight thru the body of the muffler) and dual 2 1/2" Hooker super competition mufflers in the back. It has a bit of drone to it and a noticable loss of torque below 2000. I haven't made a full power run in about 3 years. I've either had problems with it pinging, 2 half shafts breaking or being 600 miles from home and not really wanting to be stranded.

I'd run 13.4 or 13.5 with the old setup. It was the dual 2 1/4" cats, Flowmaster 50 series dual 2 1/4" in single 3" out and dual 2 1/4" Dynomax super turbo mufflers. It was quiet inside, but had a bit of snarl to it when stomped.

cool sounds good man. I cant wait to get the sc and start working on it. I'd love to be able to run close to what my ls1 ran, but for now I'm pretty much just shooting for low 14's. Ive been doing some searching and I think I found a setup that I like, thanks again.

Back