Leather Dye for 89 tbird seats??

Blue89SC

Does anyone know where I could find leather dye for my blue seats in my 89 Tbird?? My seats are cracked and I have been told the dye would cover the cracks up partially. Anyone tried this???

Anthony

I think you might need this

From what I hear this product is pretty good although I have yet to use it. Obviously the cracks will still remain bit the color will be more cosistent across the seat and the cracks will be less noticable.

http://www.leatherique.com/products.htm

whatever you decide to do keep us updated on how you progress with this. I know it is always nice to see before and after pictures.

I have used SEM and DuPont leather/vinyl dyes and they work very well, but they won't really cover up your cracks.

If you look at Cuda's link, the specific Leatherique product you want to look into is their "crack filler" & cutom matched dye to use afterward. You'll have to send them a small sample of leather from under the seat etc. to obtain the match.

It isn't cheap, but outside of replacing leather panels on your seats, it's probably the only game in town. Best of luck. :cool:

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

Back