looking for opinions on aftrmkt. hoods for 95 SC

SCandelous95

any suggestions or things to know before buying an aftermarket hood for a 95 SC? i was looking at age classic and american sports car hoods. seem to be the only two brands for my year of car i can find. Im open to looking at anything else too....

Does anyone know of the differences between the products between the two? they are both cobra cowl, but big difference in price...im assuming it has to do with if the underhood is finished and im also curious about if i need to modify anything or if my stock hood lifts will work? any other options out there or is cobra cowl about it for 95?

any help would be much appreciated. i got my front hood dented in by a truck trying to parallel park, and i've had a le-bra :rolleyes: covering it up. i was thinking of making a claim and using the money to buy an upgraded hood.

Last edited:
If you convert your headlamps to the 97 style. There's a new 96-97 Hood coming out.

tbirdhood1.jpg

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/9697tbird.htm

Group buy info.
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=40538&page=8

I bought an Age Classic Cobra r last year and I wasn't happy with all the work I had to do to get it to fit right. It was 3-4 days work. In the end it cost me over $1,000 after paint. There were spider cracks that I had to fix as well as fitting problems and damage from shipping. Where the hood latches broke and I had to fix that. The tabs where the spring load arms attach to cracked. If I had to do it over again I would mold a scoop on my original metal hood. When I bought mine Age Classic just started making them for the 94-95 as they use to get them from Ledgendary ( not sure of the spelling). Maybe they are better now I don't know but mine was a PITA.
Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the hood. I just don't think that when you pay all that money you should have to spend days fixing it and fitting it. It should just bolt on. Good luck

Mike

metalman said:
How about VFN Fiberglass hoods for us 89-93 guys! :cool:

thanks for the group buy hood. looks like a good deal.

quick question, and i read the thread and was a lot of pages and info to go by, just wanted some quick and dirty info.

as far as the underside, will i need to have it refinished? and do i need to do any fiberglass work to the hood or the front end, or will it supposed to be a direct fit assuming i get the 96-97 headlights?

and i guess bolt on is the best bet, do i need pins and need to add that on myself too?

basically just wondering how much work or what i need to do after i get the hood to the point of getting it on.

i realize i might have to post on that thread for the answers, but was just wondering if anyone knows in general.

thanks!

looking for opinions on aftrmkt. hoods for 95 SC (large pic)

If I had to do it over again I would mold a scoop on my original metal hood.
Thats what I am currently working on.The nice thing about doing this is it gives alot more choices,the down side is it will weigh more then the stock hood itself.Here is a picture of mine part way through,all it needs now is the underside done,the screens put in and painted.
IM000110.JPG

(sorry for the large pic I havent figured out how to resize it)

underside - the center is unfinished the outter sides are finished.

fit- its a direct fit with the new lights.

pins- its a good idea

more pics i took last thursday www.rattleheadracing.net/vfnhood
any questions let me know ive had the hood in my hands and its very nice. we should be bringing one to WFC in stlouis so if your there you can take a look at one of the first ones that are made. there still waiting to release them until they get a test fit on a car, im working on doing that with them mabey next week.

SCandelous95 said:
thanks for the group buy hood. looks like a good deal.

quick question, and i read the thread and was a lot of pages and info to go by, just wanted some quick and dirty info.

as far as the underside, will i need to have it refinished? and do i need to do any fiberglass work to the hood or the front end, or will it supposed to be a direct fit assuming i get the 96-97 headlights?

and i guess bolt on is the best bet, do i need pins and need to add that on myself too?

basically just wondering how much work or what i need to do after i get the hood to the point of getting it on.

i realize i might have to post on that thread for the answers, but was just wondering if anyone knows in general.

thanks!

VicRattlehead said:
underside - the center is unfinished the outter sides are finished.

fit- its a direct fit with the new lights.

pins- its a good idea

more pics i took last thursday www.rattleheadracing.net/vfnhood
any questions let me know ive had the hood in my hands and its very nice. we should be bringing one to WFC in stlouis so if your there you can take a look at one of the first ones that are made. there still waiting to release them until they get a test fit on a car, im working on doing that with them mabey next week.

Any new news on this? Any pics of the hood on the car?

Another option is to have a 89-93 Cervini's hood modified to fit a 94/5 front end (or a 96/7 front end) if thats your case.

Front%20driver%20side%20view.jpg

Frontal%20View%20Cervini.jpg

Last%20Pic.jpg

Last edited:
It might be easy to modify the VFN hood to fit the 94/95 headlights. I think all that would need to be done is to remove some material over the inside ends of the lights and recontour it.

Back