Noticed something wierd....

CMac89

I went to pick my car up (still not running right :rolleyes: ) tonight and on my way home I noticed that It was saying I was at 1500rpm at 45mph in third gear when 1500rpm in third gear is 30mph. What's the deal with this?

Any clues?

CMac89 said:
I went to pick my car up (still not running right :rolleyes: ) tonight and on my way home I noticed that It was saying I was at 1500rpm at 45mph in third gear when 1500rpm in third gear is 30mph. What's the deal with this?

Any clues?

The tach isn't very accurate...neither is the speedo, come to think of it none of the gauges are accurate.

David

XR7 Dave said:
Classic DIS problem.
That's what I thought before I bought a used one off of somebody. He even checked to see if it worked by putting it on his car before he shipped it to me and it worked for him. I did put alot of Dielectric grease on it too.

I'm thinking my problem is just calibration because it runs crappy with the maf unplugged, but it'll idle. If I plug the MAF in it dies and when you try to rev it, it won't go any higher than 2500rpm spitting, popping, and backfiring.

CMac89 said:
That's what I thought before I bought a used one off of somebody. He even checked to see if it worked by putting it on his car before he shipped it to me and it worked for him. I did put alot of Dielectric grease on it too.

I'm thinking my problem is just calibration because it runs crappy with the maf unplugged, but it'll idle. If I plug the MAF in it dies and when you try to rev it, it won't go any higher than 2500rpm spitting, popping, and backfiring.

You should be using Heat Sink compound under the module, not Dielectric grease.

David

When the DIS starts to go it is typical to see the tach drop by one third intermittantly as the driver for 2 of the cylinders starts to go out. I believe this may be a seperate problem from your MAF problem. Once the MAF is straightened out the other problem will be easier to resolve.

XR7 Dave said:
When the DIS starts to go it is typical to see the tach drop by one third intermittantly as the driver for 2 of the cylinders starts to go out. I believe this may be a seperate problem from your MAF problem. Once the MAF is straightened out the other problem will be easier to resolve.
Thanks for the replies everyone. I thought that dielectric grease would work just as good.

Once we get the MAF going i'll look into buying a new DIS module.

Back