What do I need to use a 94-95 windage tray on an 89?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I've searched and im still not clear. I know that i will need the 94+ dip stick b/c its different..but im not sure if I will need the whole oil pan out of a 94-95, or just the windage tray. If i need the whole pan, then that brings up the problem of the oil level sensor for the VMM...the 94 doesnt have one. Any help appreciated.

You will need the main stud bolts and nuts. Your oil pan should fit just fine.
Not sure about the dip stick though. In the pic you will see the bolts that hold the windage tray. Not available though Ford

Attachments

• main bolts pic.JPG
    main bolts pic.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 232
ARe those studs/nuts actually of the main caps? Or do tehy attacht to something else? If i recall correctly those are pretty bad in there...not sure if you could just hammer them out or of they have to be pressed in/out.

:confused: Your main caps are held in by bolts. 2 each. on top of that there are 4 with a stud sticking out of them. 1 is for the oil tube pickup and the other three are for the windage tray. They hold down the tray with nuts.

oil pickup

You also need the oil pickup tube for the 94/95. It is bent differently to clear the tray. It will have an F4S part # on it.

scbird1 said:
You will need the main stud bolts and nuts. Your oil pan should fit just fine.
Not sure about the dip stick though. In the pic you will see the bolts that hold the windage tray. Not available though Ford

scbird1: I might be getting this tray from somebody, but not including the studs/nuts on the main caps. From your quote above, you said they're not available from ford...do you happen to know where I can get them? Thanx!

You need the whole..

You need the following:

Windage Tray itself

Main Cap bolts that attach the main caps to block (they are different in 94-95 to accomodate the windage tray).

The oil pick-up for the 94-95 car (it too is different to clear the windage tray)

The oil Dipstick (different also).
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it. Unless you are getting the whole bottom end, most people don't want to sell the bolts.

Good luck

Or just maybe you could find some people on here with a junked block to sell you the one bolt and nut that holds down the oil tube pickup. 3 donners and you have it made

Attachments

• sc block 2.JPG
    sc block 2.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 116
scbird1 said:
Or just maybe you could find some people on here with a junked block to sell you the one bolt and nut that holds down the oil tube pickup. 3 donners and you have it made

Thats right! I was actually going to ask about that...i was workign on my engine today and noticed that the early style engines have one of those studs too.

However, i was under the impression (based on one of the posts above) that you only needed the actual tray, dipstick and studs/nuts. Now Lube70 sais i need the 94-95 oil pick up which would be another problem to find.

Oh, and about taht dipstick....can anybody verify: Im not sure if I just need the dipstick blade or do I need the actual tube going into the block?

AsScLoWn said:
is the oil pickup different and wont work for sure?, i did mine 10 years ago and dont remember :(

Well apparently the studs are still available through special order...but they're like $21 EACH.....

As far as the oil pick up, Ed was kind enough to let me know that they do have different part numbers so im assumign the oil pick up is different.

Any info on the dip stick? Do i just need the dipstick 'blade' or the actual tube that goes into the block??

Back