... so it's been proven

Lvcien

thunderbird SC's have engines with major problems :p

Attachments

• sadface.PNG
    sadface.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 138
Proven? OK :confused: Only problem I ever had just past the warranty period was the water pump. I never had the heads off until 186,000 miles and I did that on purpose. :cool: So, for the average daily driver joe who wants a car that'll will get them to 100,000 miles, the SC was pretty good. You could get there by just changing the oil, changing 1 set of belts, 2 sets of tires, maybe 1 set of brake pads, 1 set of plugs, and adding gas and doing nothing else. It would start to need some work to keep on going, but the engine is pretty solid. :cool:

wow I better not show that to some of my friends. They would be all over me making fun of my car.

Shane

Is that a regular T-Bird (3.8 N/A, 4.6/5.0) or is it the SC's? The picture shows stats up to 97 which SC's weren't even offered. I've had more problems with the 3.8 N/A engines (83 T-Bird, 85 Cougar, 91 Cougar) than with my 94 SC.

rad_al_ said:
Is that a regular T-Bird (3.8 N/A, 4.6/5.0) or is it the SC's? The picture shows stats up to 97 which SC's weren't even offered. I've had more problems with the 3.8 N/A engines (83 T-Bird, 85 Cougar, 91 Cougar) than with my 94 SC.

The selected vehicle on Partsamerica.com was a '90 Tbird SC

Back