Wiper Arm part

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
I'm looking for the little plastic key that is used to set the position of the wiper arm on the splined-shaft of the wiper mechanism. If you have taken off the original wiper arms, you will know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, they plastic keys are probably missing.

One was missing from mine when I took them off......

I think they just fall out over a period of time.....

They are not critical except for easlily getting the wiper arm into the correct position......

You could look in a junk yard as I think just about any Ford would have that same wiper arm......

I made mine out of some plastic sheet we had laying around......

Those little buggers are hard to hold onto while you are working on them.....

You could use a small mirror and set it next to the wiper motor splines and use it to line up the space in the arm with the space in the splines....

Yeah, I know they aren't critical, but I want it. I have noticed that the splines are showing more wear on the arm that doesn't have the key. And yes, I use an inspection mirror to line-up the keyways.

Ok guys, I'm still looking for one of these. Of my 2 POS XR7's that I could steal from, neither has them.

Kurt, if you could post a picture or something of what you are looking for I can see if any of my cars have one. I'm just not sure what I am looking for?

Thomas

Thomas A said:
Kurt, if you could post a picture or something of what you are looking for I can see if any of my cars have one. I'm just not sure what I am looking for?

Thomas

You'll know it when you see it. It you take the wiper arm off, it's the little plastic piece that will probably fall out. It is a small retangular piece of plastic. It's used to line up the 2 keyways (one on the wiper arm and one on the wiper shaft).

Kurt K said:
You'll know it when you see it. It you take the wiper arm off, it's the little plastic piece that will probably fall out. It is a small retangular piece of plastic. It's used to line up the 2 keyways (one on the wiper arm and one on the wiper shaft).
Next time i go to the J/Y i'm gonna get every one i can. I usually go once a week. so if you don't have one by then i'll hook you up. I know they're a pain. i got myself 2 replacements and lost them somewhere in my tool box! :mad:

Back