Help With Water Pump Removal

giinspector

I am trying to remove the water pump in my '90 T/B SC and need someone to tell me how do I remover the Bracket to the right of the water pump. How do I remove that pulley in order to finally remove the water pump?

I was able to remove my water pump and timing cover without pulling the brackets on either side. I pulled the radiator, fan and belts and everything came straight out the front.

Not very easy

As I have removed it twice there is a way to remove it without removing the bracket, you will have to remove all the bolts, thats three, from the alt/power steering pump bracket attached to the heads then remove the nuts and studs from the ic tube connected to bracket top and bottom, the nut atttaching the lower ic tube in the rear can be left attached. I believe removing the power steering pump pulley, then the bracket is your best and easiest bet, also remove the water pump pulley first, your biggest issue will be removing and replacing the timing/balancer cover under the water pump. I hope this helps.

cut the bracket then weld it back together or use rivets and an 1/8" thick steel plate across the cut part? :confused: :) , then cut off the rad support to make for elbow room

Back