PDA

View Full Version : JLT Performance CAI dyno results!

metalman
05-04-2005, 07:45 PM
OK, right to the facts:

I'll have the dyno chart up later tonight. I am not at a computer with a scanner right now.

Before CAI install-

RWHP- 220
RWTQ- 323

(See my mods below)

After JTL CAI install

Peak RWHP- 230.5 @ 4400 RPMs
Peak RWTQ- 318 @ 3600 RPMs

Max RWHP increase- 25 @ 4600 RPMs
Max RWTQ increase- 28 @ 4600 RPMs

They said I was running lean towards the end of the run. If I get my chip tuned to help with the fuel then I will see greater gains.

I, personally am very happy with the results and will probably be taking their advise and get a chip soon. I'll post dyno chart tonight! See ya then.

Metalman

Tucker
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the use of the car today Anthony. I too was very impressed with the results.
Just want to note. The TQ #'s are lower because the car makes most of it's TQ down low. Dynoing a auto is tough to try to find the "sweet" spot where it won't down shift when you hit it. We tried more runs, but the car was getting heat soaked and the knock sensors were jumping in and pulling timing. We ran out of time.
But seeing the major gains through out the RPM range you can be sure if we were able to match the start RPM the TQ gain would be substantial.

Anyway, he will be posting the graph tonight so you all can take a look.

One question: He has a 70mm TB and I know many run a 75. Is the OD of the 75 the same as the 70? The reason I ask is his 70 was thick. The coupler I use is slightly larger then 75mm ID and it was a good, but tight fit.

Thanks
Jay

metalman
05-04-2005, 08:20 PM
So Jay,

You're saying that because you started the last dyno up higher in the RPM range, we didn't see the full range of the TQ numbers and I actually gain TQ? But, due to the temp of the car you were playing it safe...I appreciate that :D

I plan to remedy that fan issue ASAP. So, with the car running at cooler (normal) temps, do you think I would see higher numbers?

I'll get my car back on the dyno after I remedy my cars idiosyncracies.

Jason Wild
05-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Sorry but your numbers dont work out for me. the math sounds off.

Scott Long
05-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Anthony, do you have saturday off? I am available all day saturday and would be more than happy to help you wire up a relay and a switch for your low speed fan just like I have on my SC. When I have the fan running it never gets past N on the gauge. Think about how much more power your car will make if you keep the temps under 200 degrees. The high speed fan doesn't come on until 228 and shuts back off at 219 degrees. Isn't that scary!!!! Thats too frickin' hot. I think your car would have been closer to 240 hp w/ the engine cooler. You saw the decrease from the heat, I am not sure what that was but you have your graphs, so imagine keeping the car cooler even on your best pull. Plus wiring up a switch for the fan is cheap head gasket insurance!!

We can go to Auto Zone and get a switch for about $2.00 and a relay for about $4.00. Then you need some wire, red and black 10 gauge, and a pair of strippers and a few ring terminals and spade terminals. It will take me about 30-45 minutes to hook it all up, but then when the car starts to get near the O on the gauge you can flip the switch on and the temp will drop.

My car normally runs cool unless its in traffic then I turn the fan on. But I can drive from Chesapeake to the Ocean front and never use the fan and my car stays cool. I guess my head gaskets have a damn good seal, this is also w/ a 190 degree t-stat. I had to put that back in because with my 160 the heater wasn't very warm. I also have a new water pump and radiator. My car runs really cold. And yes I have a new temp sending unit too so I know its accurate. I'll be adding a-pillar temp and voltage gauges soon so I can monitor the exact temps and see how accurate my gauge is.

My black car on the other hand ran hot like yours till I did the fan mod and now it stays around the O in the summer on hot days.

Scott Long
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
He isn't talking about peak hp gains, he is talking about on the graph where it gained the most. The two peaks on the graphs was 10.5 rwhp but at other points on the graph the highest was 25 hp. At 4600 rpms it was 25 hp higher after the intake than before. The car straight up made more power all the way with this intake, it didn't lose in some spots and gain a little at the peak, it made more low rpm to high rpm. So in driving it the car pulls noticeably harder. Maybe you misunderstood his post by reading the "max gain" and comparing it to the peak rwhp figures.

metalman
05-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Scott- I have prior engagement from 11:00am thru the evening. I would love to do it thought. Are you off Sunday? I'll call you, maybe we can figure out a time to get up. Thanks a lot!!

Thanks for coming!

Jay- Can I have one of those nifty "JLT Performance" stickers to don on my CAI :D

BTW- You're CAI was on my car from the dyno pulls, then I left to go to Norfolk...a good 25 minute interstate trip and I felt the CAI after I got to my girlfriends house and it was as cool as a cucumber! You could still freeze ice on that thing. AWESOME.

I thing I did not check was what my gains were in lbs of boost. Do you know Jay?

Jason- what numbers don't sound right to you? I'm reading right off the chart. I'll post the chart tonight. ;)

Jason Wild
05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
scott helped me by undrestaning how you got your max gain.
I would real like to look at adding one to may car as well I sure can use a gain like that on my car.

XxSlowpokexX
05-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Now I think hed sell more of these if it kept mass air in engine compartment with a sheild..and a nive 9 inch High flow filter..It even make betetr power that way.

Several people had asked for this type setup...Think it be a good idea to make one maybe? "O)~

XR7 Dave
05-04-2005, 11:07 PM
I don't see where you have upgraded injectors. It is very possible that you are running out of injectors on the top end. This will create a false HP gain on the top end due to the lean condition. Dyno numbers are not valid unless you can maintain a safe and stable AF ratio throughout the pull. Looking forward to the charts!

:)

metalman
05-04-2005, 11:48 PM
CHART

Note* As Jay stated before, my tq numbers are acually higher but a loss is shown because my engine was getting hot and this pull (as you can see by the chart) was started a few hundred RPMs later. The peak tq range is ealier in the RPM band. (Do I have that right, Jay)

metalman
05-04-2005, 11:52 PM
XR7 Dave- I don't have upgraded injectors. Do you think my lean AF ratio could be fixed by a chip alone or are injectors needed as well. I know you said I might be running out. But could the comp adjust for it? If I need injectors which injectors should I get, 40 lbs?

Scott Long
05-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Let me say again I'm impressed. I thought with the 10% pulley that Anthony's car was going to make more torque down low but lose power up top due to a stock IC. He had a fan, but I'd be curious to dyno that car again with a 5% pulley on just to see. Sure the car might make a little more power then but it will feel slower down low. Just a thought.

Here's a few pics I took but they are from a cell phone so they suck.

Wow, those are small, usually this thing takes bigger pics. Oh well thats all I got sorry.

XR7 Dave
05-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Post your AF chart.

Jake
05-05-2005, 09:03 PM
is there a price for this CAI yet?

metalman
05-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Yes. This is the original announcement post.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61117

Pics on 2nd page.

Jake
05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
you could've told me there isn't a price for them instead of sending me to another thread and having me read 5 pages twice b/c I thought maybe I missed it :confused:

metalman
05-05-2005, 10:48 PM
I could have sworn your post said - Are there pics for the CAI yet? :eek:

My fault, Jake. Sorry. Which is why I refered you to page two with the pics.

Um, no price yet. They should be for sale in a few weeks. He also talked to me about making a setup which does not go into the fender well, but keeps the filter in the engine bay above the hole with a sheild around it. I believe some people on these threads were asking about that.

Tucker
05-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Anthony, let me know when I can get the car back to mock up a under the hood kit and get some more pics for instructions.

I will figure up a price soon, but can say it will be very fairly priced. :)
Jay

BTW, Anybody know the answer to my question about TB size?

90blkbrd
05-06-2005, 12:38 PM
One question: He has a 70mm TB and I know many run a 75. Is the OD of the 75 the same as the 70? The reason I ask is his 70 was thick. The coupler I use is slightly larger then 75mm ID and it was a good, but tight fit.

direct quote from www.supercoupeperformance.com on the BBK 70 and 75 throttle bodies.

"Note: The 70 and 75mm Tbodies are identical in appearance.
Only the inside diameters are unique.
Each is externally etched with either the "70mm" or "75mm" size."

Tucker
05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
direct quote from www.supercoupeperformance.com on the BBK 70 and 75 throttle bodies.

"Note: The 70 and 75mm Tbodies are identical in appearance.
Only the inside diameters are unique.
Each is externally etched with either the "70mm" or "75mm" size."
Just as I thought, Thanks!
Jay

metalman
05-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Jay, just as luck goes. Wednesday I got a killer new CAI (thank you), and Thursday my starter craps out on me in a shopping center :o

I am fixing it tonight as well as install a new radiator fan. That will solve my bad heating problem and give me a handful more horses...ya think.

I don't know if you heard us talking, but Brent at DTP and I were BSing 'cause he has a Mark VIII (same chassis) and he said he might have some programs for my computer, once I find out the serial/model # on the compter. That would be nice if he has programs to remedy my leaness...that is unless my injectors are at capacity.

Later

Jason Wild
05-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Is there any way we can get one much like the MP intake and give that a try?

SCgraphics guy
05-06-2005, 11:46 PM
As Dave said, lets see the corresponding AF chart for both pulls, in order to get some real idea what happened. You are just handing people a HP/TQ chart, and sure it shows gains , but was the car going lean.
If a CAI makes a car go lean its going to make more power, but that may not be a good thing, when hot spots start, and you eventually have engine damage.

metalman
05-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Sorry for not responding to that.

I don't have the AF chart on me. I'd have to get it from the dyno shop or see if Jay may have it.

* to let you all know though. I have stock injectors, stock fuel pump, but every airway now has been opened, ported, etc. In the stock pulls the AF was at an acceptable level, I do know that. But the CAI, I guess, gave my engine a bit more air than the fuel provided.

I'll try to get my hands on the AF chart.

----BTW, do any of you know the model # of the 1990 SC computer. I need it for chip burning info and if I don't need to pull the comp. out then I'd rather not. Thanks

SanDiegoLXBird
05-07-2005, 09:43 AM
----BTW, do any of you know the model # of the 1990 SC computer. I need it for chip burning info and if I don't need to pull the comp. out then I'd rather not. Thanks

If it's anything like the EECV 'birds, you should be able to get at the catch code by removing the passenger kick panel, the black bit behind it and the sound deadening material, no removal required.

XxSlowpokexX
05-07-2005, 11:14 AM
UNDERHOOD FILTER WITH SHEILD!!!!!!!

LESS PLASTIC.. STRAIGHT SHOT FROM MAF TO TB (for the most part) AND CLEAN!!!!

errrrrghh..Anyway I just installed the Mp intake...Noone listens to me anyways haha

metalman
05-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Anthony, let me know when I can get the car back to mock up a under the hood kit and get some more pics for instructions.

I will figure up a price soon, but can say it will be very fairly priced. :)
Jay

BTW, Anybody know the answer to my question about TB size?

Damon, this is what Jay is talking about. ;) It's ok buddy, ease down...ease down.........ease down :D

Jake
05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
I like it the way it's shown in the pic. I have mine there and have no problems at all infact I think all this talk about maf this and maf that noone has any real proof besides hand me down information. Swirling air and to many bends, give me a break.

XxSlowpokexX
05-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Jake its very much true..Its been proven on the dyno with the air fuel ratio and even a power loss at times. EVen a few magazine articles on it. The position of the MAF sensor is sensative in that application. In otherwords it will read differently dependant on sensort location relative to the bend. With an underhood application ay dont have to worry about it

I always liked

SCgraphics guy
05-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Some will never believe, until they see it for themselves.....(me, for one!)
put their car on a dyno when they're making some serious power.
I don't think the bends/location are that big of deal until you are making serious power.
Rgardless, it will change a tune...factory or otherwise, this is why I asked for AF charts, of both before & after pulls.
(go ahead prove me wrong, if you can) show the charts.

XR7 Dave
05-09-2005, 12:02 PM
To further what Todd said, you will find that dyno tuning along with track time is really the only way to prove the value of something like this.

You need the dyno time to make sure that the new intake is not causing a lean condition, or in this case maybe even correcting for a prior existing lean condition that could have been just as easily tuned out with a chip.

Dyno pulls are also very decieving with SC's because these motors are tuned from the factory to run on the ragged edge of detonation at all times. They are not designed to run under boost on a dyno with no air moving through the IC and hence it can become a crap shoot whether or not he computer is going to pull timing on one run vrs the next one or vice versa.

The dyno charts above have a very distinct pattern which looks very much like the EEC was pulling timing on the non-CAI run. The real proof would be to run the car before and after at the track and verify gains. If the CAI is really worth that much HP it will show up as .1-.2 sec at the track and a clear 1-2mph.

I did gain a clear .2 sec and 2mph on my car from moving the filter from the engine bay down under the bumper of the car. I have conclusive proof that my car did respond with at least that much power using the same MAF, same tune, and same driving techniques. And I'm not talking about a near stocker motor here, I'm talking about a fairly serious running SC.

XxSlowpokexX
05-09-2005, 05:04 PM
To further add...Which I always do...From day 1 on this board I have always said a dyno is a poor place to tune a car. At a track under real conditions is truly the only way to tune a car. Of course you can burn a generic chip which will get rid of the factory SAFE tune and give you something more agressive. However that lessens the margin of error. The factory tune is made to work under a wide range of conditions. An on the edge performance tune will not be as freindly towards that.

That being said teh SCT 4 way chip is nice as you can have that aggresive tune as well as a near factory tune...Tune for different gas grades etc etc.

But still under load in real life situations is the true way to tune and at the track is the true way to determine your power...

And if you use a dyno to tune..Use a Mustang Dyno..It simulates real load conditions better...Of course your numbers will be lower..

Tucker
05-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I do not have the A/F charts, but do remember what was going on.
Yes it did lean out as it's bringing in much more air.

The base line runs were in the 11.5-11.8 range and the after runs were a point leaner, in the 12.5-12.8 range. Yes, too lean for my blood too. Add some more fuel to get it back down and I'm sure the gains would have been even higher.

The problem comes in with these cars are like the 5.0. Not many are stock anymore. Most have ported this and that, plus a pulley and a TB and a MAF from Pro-M or C&L or whom ever. This means most any mod you do you should have your A/F checked. The MAF will re calibrate the A/F to a extent, but not all ways enough.

If a there's a CAI that can go on any car no matter the mods and gaurantee to keep a safe A/F it's no better then stock. More air flow + more fuel = more power.

As far as keeping the MAF and filter under the hood, sorry I disagree 100%. I've been doing this for a while with 100's of dyno runs under my belt and the CAI all ways gains more power. Now, I do sell under the hood kits for most all my cars, but that's because people have requested them and did not care about HP. I will be designing a under the hood kit for the S/C, but am willing to bet it makes less power. I get this from seeing it not hearing it on the net. Big differance.
Anyway, once Anthony gets his car back up and running straight i will get it back and see what I can do.

SCgraphics guy
05-13-2005, 07:00 PM
OK, but have you ever heard racer use the term,"lean is mean"?
I disagree that bringing more fuel into the picture would have shown an increase in power, more likely the power would halve stabilized, & peak power would have been close to the original numbers while hopefully seeing a better average overall increase in power.
I'm not saying CAI's don't work nor more than I'd say chips don't work, but what you idealy want is better average numbers to prove the parts ability to make power.

XxSlowpokexX
05-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Lean is mean unless you have a knock sensor.....SC's loveeeeeeeeeeeee to use those when a lean condition of any sort is observed.

Now about underhood vrs CAI. The only time I ever observed any type of a problem putting the filter underhood is when no sheild was used and experienced fan wash. Otherwise Ive always had more consistant A/F with an underhood system and a tad more power. It is important however to not put the MAF to close to the TB. Ive only had dyno time with my v8 cars but I dont see why the SC would be any different. Roots blowers liek teh least amount of restriction on the intake side as possable.

Whatever the outcome Id be curious

LightEMup
05-23-2005, 10:12 PM
so when can we buy one of these?

Tucker
05-24-2005, 06:20 AM
Soon I hope. I'm waiting to get the car back to do some final fitment checks and make a under the hood set up also.
Thanks
Jay

LightEMup
05-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Soon I hope. I'm waiting to get the car back to do some final fitment checks and make a under the hood set up also.
Thanks
Jay
awsome, you can definitly count me in for one of these!

SCaddict
05-26-2005, 01:29 AM
Any news yet on when they will be ready?

metalman
05-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Sorry, the delay is my fault...well my cars fault. I have to get my car back to Jay one more time but the day after the dyno my car crapped out on me. I JUST fixed it today. The problem was my fuel pressure reg. I just replaced with an adjustible one and bingo...that was the problem. Yea!

Jay- I'm calling you on tuesday! :D

Again, sorry guys. Bad timing.

SCaddict
05-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Once you get back in there what will be the time frame?

metalman
05-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Jay said about a week or so just to get a stockpile made before he starts selling them. Not long at all.

LightEMup
05-30-2005, 02:29 PM
are they done yet are they done yet are they done yet?!?!?! lol i'm excited :-D

KocaPuff
05-31-2005, 10:25 PM
are they done yet are they done yet are they done yet?!?!?! lol i'm excited :-D
What will be the price???

SCaddict
06-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Any updates?

LightEMup
06-06-2005, 01:43 PM
here's my delema....i'd really like to get one of these as soon as they come out, but i have a stock MAFS and a stock T-Body, and those will be upgraded at somepoint.....is there anyway i could get it, use it on the stock MAFS/TB and then use it as well on the aftermarket ones?

metalman
06-06-2005, 05:49 PM
It'll fit the stock pieces. As some of you know I just cleared up an issue with my car because of a bad fuel pressure regulator. We'll before I knew that's what it was, I swapped out a whole slew of parts including putting back my stock MAF on the JLT CAI, it fit with no issue. The stock MAF and my 75mm Pro-M fit the same. Now, I did not fit a stock T-body with the JLT but, if the stock air tube fits both the stock t-body and my 70mm BBK, then the JLT will also. The JLT coupler on the T-body is a really good tight fit!....good tight, not bad tight! :D

I will be seeing Jay either Wednesday or Thursday this week. He will have my car for a day or two to put on the underhood setup. So we should know what's up by the weekend!

Metalman

SCaddict
06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Anything new?

Art Zarate Jr.
06-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Jay when can I get one of those and when can I get one for my 93 Cobra?

Thanks,

Art

twoblownfords
06-11-2005, 04:19 PM
For some crazy reason you super coupe guys love buying crap that does not work at all im thinking of something to make for you folks. With the exception of dave preaching about chips you guys dont get it. My 93 sc automatic with brand new ford long block 10 percent pulley and had the blower ported by bkbittner, free flow no cats dual 2 1/4 exhaust and my superchips tune since im a dealer made 225 and 300ft pounds of tourqe with engine warm not cool or hot. i run 11.5 af ratio two. and im not getting a good reading on my dyno since i gradually have to lay into it or it downshifts. guys this car did not even barely run until i tuned it it was like 14.5 in boost without chip so listen to dave and me here in pa and get a chip stop making these cars look like junk

Dirk SC
06-12-2005, 04:59 AM
For some crazy reason you super coupe guys love buying crap that does not work at all im thinking of something to make for you folks. With the exception of dave preaching about chips you guys dont get it. My 93 sc automatic with brand new ford long block 10 percent pulley and had the blower ported by bkbittner, free flow no cats dual 2 1/4 exhaust and my superchips tune since im a dealer made 225 and 300ft pounds of tourqe with engine warm not cool or hot. i run 11.5 af ratio two. and im not getting a good reading on my dyno since i gradually have to lay into it or it downshifts. guys this car did not even barely run until i tuned it it was like 14.5 in boost without chip so listen to dave and me here in pa and get a chip stop making these cars look like junk

Hahaha right on. Thats to funny. Good on you.

I was looking at one but then I figured I could make one cheaper and spend the extra on something more usefull. A professional product tends to look a bit better though........meh

SCaddict
06-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Well, I still want one so are they ready yet?

SCaddict
06-28-2005, 03:41 PM
I guess that would be a no. :)

LightEMup
06-30-2005, 11:13 PM
so uhhh, wuz this like a huge tease? or are we actually going to be able to get out hands on one?

metalman
07-01-2005, 12:32 AM
No tease guys.

Actually, my grandfather passed away last week :( We were in Long Island for 5 days. Had to reschedule bringing my car in to Jay. Tried to get it to his this week. He was really busy with Fun Ford Weekend stuff. I have plans for next tuesday to get it to him to design an "under hood" kit and to take pics for installation instructions.

LightEMup
07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
No tease guys.

Actually, my grandfather passed away last week :( We were in Long Island for 5 days. Had to reschedule bringing my car in to Jay. Tried to get it to his this week. He was really busy with Fun Ford Weekend stuff. I have plans for next tuesday to get it to him to design an "under hood" kit and to take pics for installation instructions.
oh i'm sorry to hear that, let us know as soon as they're for sale, or me at least, ive been holding back on getting a CAI because i wanted to get one of these....let me know!

metalman
07-06-2005, 03:26 PM
My car is at JTL as we speak. I dropped it off this morning. He should be done with the "Ram Air" intake fitment today or tomorrow morning. He is also taking pics for instructions and double checking the CAI fitment.

I will let you know when I get my car back, any additional info and possibly pics of RAI setup.

metalman
07-08-2005, 12:17 AM
I got my car back. He mocked up the RAI (underhood) setup. So we will have two options for our car. The CAI which puts the cone filter in the fender well and is the one on my car and the pics on this thread. And the RAI which keeps the cone in the engine compartment and has a shorter, straight shot from the cone to the TB. I personally prefer the CAI that puts the cone away from the engine compartment and the bend is AFTER the MAF.

Jay needs time to make a certain amount before making it available for sale so he doesn't get back logged immediately. Approx start of sale with be first week in August. No price yet, I'll let you know when I know. He will also be updating his website with info as well.

I know there have been delays on the start of this product due to scheduling issues. Sorry about that. But soon enought we'll have another great quailty performance product for our SC!

Metalman

Tucker
07-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Jay when can I get one of those and when can I get one for my 93 Cobra?

Thanks,

Art
5.0 kits are ready now.
Check www.jlttruecoldair.com

Tucker
07-08-2005, 07:49 AM
This is a funny comment.
So instead of spending $100 here and $200 there (when money allows) S/C owners (many younger and many older) should buy a new Ford long block (needed as many of these cars have well over 100K), port the blower, full exhaust and have a custom tune done on the dyno??

Please remember the CAI did work and did make power for very little investment. Not everyone is a shop owner and has extra $ to put into there cars.

The aftermarket is huge with many differant choices in parts because there are many differant types of people out there. It's what makes the world go round.

There are many people out there that think CAI's don't work and are not worth the money, but I have proved it time and time again that this one does in fact work. $100-$200 is money well spend if your getting an honest 8-15 rwhp.

Thanks Anthony for the car and your time. I will be on vacation all next week and will do my best to get some kits made in the weeks after I return. As soon as they are ready you will know.
Jay

SCaddict
07-08-2005, 06:00 PM
The funny thing is that people can come on here with absoulute proof of true gains and still be met with doubts. I have seen post after post about different EFFECTIVE products with proven results and still have arm chair critics or people with doubts yapping at the gums. You would not know anything about that Mr. D.D., everyone always believes you. :D I say if you don't agree or don't like a new product, then don't buy it!

Thomas A
07-10-2005, 12:45 AM
So instead of spending $100 here and $200 there (when money allows) S/C owners (many younger and many older) should buy a new Ford long block (needed as many of these cars have well over 100K), port the blower, full exhaust and have a custom tune done on the dyno??

No, that is not what he is saying at all. He is saying that even if you keep adding all these bolt-ons, chances are you aren't going to see the realized gains until you get the car properly tuned. Just tossing parts at a car doesn't make it faster. Getting the car to use all the parts together and to like it makes the car faster.

So, point being, if you want to see a power increase, and a safe one at that, plan on getting the car tuned.

Thomas

XxSlowpokexX
07-11-2005, 06:59 PM
You can do a crudload without getting your car dyno tuned...However 200 for an intake isnt money well spent when one can afford to do the same for half

BirdofPrey97
09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
We are well into August....Wait past August. Where's the product and price? Still isn't listed on the site.

Update available?

Qwk91sc
09-12-2005, 12:53 AM
-Bump-

Whats up?

-Jeff-

Tucker
09-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Thank you all for being so patient. I have been very busy with the 11 other CAI lines I have over the last month or so.
The last thing I wanted to do was put it for sale without having a good amount on hand ready to go.

I just finished painting 10 black kits and will be doing more next week in some universal colors (silver, gray and red).

I don't have a price at the moment, but WILL work on it this weekend.

Again, I apologize for the delay and will get back to you all this weekend on price. It will be cheap I assure you.

Jay

Tucker
09-17-2005, 11:09 AM
No, that is not what he is saying at all. He is saying that even if you keep adding all these bolt-ons, chances are you aren't going to see the realized gains until you get the car properly tuned. Just tossing parts at a car doesn't make it faster. Getting the car to use all the parts together and to like it makes the car faster.

So, point being, if you want to see a power increase, and a safe one at that, plan on getting the car tuned.

Thomas
I agree 100%!

metalman
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
https://www32.ssldomain.com/jlttruecoldair/products.php?make=Ford&model=T-Bird%20Super%20Coupe&year=1989-1995

The wait was longer than expected, yes. But, well worth for everybody in my opinion.

trife86
09-18-2005, 11:08 PM
https://www32.ssldomain.com/jlttruecoldair/products.php?make=Ford&model=T-Bird%20Super%20Coupe&year=1989-1995

The wait was longer than expected, yes. But, well worth for everybody in my opinion.

$20 shipping ~~~ $20 should be overnight shipping that thing is very light something maybe 7bucks via USPS or UPS

BirdofPrey97
09-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Yes, I am out with those shipping charges. Almost as bad as eBay.

metalman
09-18-2005, 11:29 PM
I just went back to his site and looked at the shipping for all the other products and it seems that shipping is more for the longer CAI's than for the shorter ones. Maybe UPS doesn't like long boxes. :confused:

Tucker
09-19-2005, 06:45 AM
Easy guys :rolleyes:
My web guy didn't ask me what to charge for shipping. He just assumed. It will be lowered to $15, but not $7. Sorry. I ship USPS 2-3 day Priority.

Also, it's hard to set a flat fee when some go to one state away and some go to Alaska.

Wow!

MySCRocket1203
09-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Also, it's hard to set a flat fee when some go to one state away and some go to Alaska.

Wow!

could you imagine driving the car in alaska talk about cold air intake

Pablo94SC
12-29-2005, 05:18 PM
What about the RAI? Any word on the 3.5" pipe? Can you order the tubing without the filter as many of us already have conical filters? Any pics of the SC tubes with the varying colors/designs? Any pics of the "final" product since all that have been posted here are protoypes?

metalman
12-30-2005, 01:10 AM
I know a handful of guys on this site has the JLT intake-Post your pics! The one on my car is the prototype and I'm sure you've seen the pics. Jay did make me another that is a black to red fade. I looks beautiful. But, I haven't put it on my car yet.

If I'm not mistaken PVC only comes in 1 inch increments. Anything else is too big. 3 inches is the true inside diameter though. My suggestion is if you have any technical or availibilty questions, talk to Jay directly. He's a very nice guy. I'm sure he'll have all the answers.

757-335-1940

Metalman

skydivr7673
01-06-2006, 02:24 PM
hey guys--just wanted to say that this looks bada$$! Awesome work....Not sure if the car I am getting will need a replacement or not--it has a CAI on it but I will probably be ordering one of these to replace it. I will know more when the car gets here. Thanks for working up things like this for us and keep it up!