pressure switch tool

Salty

Anyone know if the special tool for removing the ABS pressure switch is available anywhere? I'm having a hard time finding a 36mm socket thin enough to work. Also, has anyone replaced the switch without removing the whole unit? Thanks.

I was so pissed off with my ABS I pulled off the IC tubes and vac tubes in the area and wrenched it off with a pair of Robogrip pliers. Took me about 40 minutes strat to finish. Worked great after that. Bent the brake lines slightly out of the way without too much trauma.

The tool should still be available...its an OTC tool. I cant recall teh part number now but i know i've listed it in previous posts. I got it from carquest for like 50 bux....but it fits perfectly. And yes, you can take the switch out w/o having to take the whole ABS pump out. If only i could remember where i put mine.

Please provide more information...

tbirdboy said:
I was so pissed off with my ABS I pulled off the IC tubes and vac tubes in the area and wrenched it off with a pair of Robogrip pliers. Took me about 40 minutes strat to finish. Worked great after that. Bent the brake lines slightly out of the way without too much trauma.

I'm fighting with this right now. Can you provide more detail about what you removed to get to the switch? Did you pull the intercooler tube and reach under the reservoir/pump? I've got the LH cowl and filler for the hydralic(sp!) clutch out of the way, but that only gives me enough room to get my fat fingers onto the switch, still too many wire looms in the way to get a wrench in there... :confused:
Thanks!

Back