Too Damn Low...

tbirdsc357

My car is too damn low, those damn eibachs really settled. What cai I do shy of installing the original springs back on the car?

It looks great but not really practical to drive especially on $itty roads.

I think i'm getting too old.... :(

Mine is the same way, especially with the kit. I am always worried about the front end.

I may also go back to the stock springs, if I can find a decent set that won't break :eek:

Don't forget that you're both running smaller than stock diameter tires as well ... that obviously affects ride height!! :D

cheers
Ed N.

Yes, that is true :) maybe I should get bigger side walls....oh well, guess I'll wait till the tires I have on now are completely worn down..

Last edited:
fast Ed said:
Don't forget that you're both running smaller than stock diameter tires as well ... that obviously affects ride height!! :D

cheers
Ed N.
Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fast Ed said:

cheers
Ed N.

What do you suggest Ed? I have 245/45/17 in the front and 255/40/17 in the back. It's the front thats the damn problem....

245-50-17 would be very close to the diameter of the original tires. The drawback is, that there is less selection for tire brands and models in that size, compared to the very common (94 - 04 Mustang, and others) 245-45-17.

What you have now will be about 1" shorter on the front, and 1-1/2" shorter on the rear.

cheers
Ed N.

If I wanted to go with a 235 tire what hight would I need, 50/55??

As we discussed before, there is a bit too much pull with the 245's.

I'm running Pirelli 235/50/17 PZeroNero on 17 X 8.5 ROH with 1.5" Eibachs on all corners. The car is bagged in the rear and I have to run about 18 lbs in them to keep the fender from touching the tire over severe bumps. This tire/rim combo is the same diameter as stock and works fine. My Speedo is correct and the ABS functions. Though the car is lower overall, I haven't scraped as yet. I don't use roads that are really rough and love my front dam too much to let Wifey go to the mall. I did install Ed's last set of factory ARC adjustables last fall as well. They definitety tightened up the ride and limit suspension travel as compared to the original factory items. (115Kms) Extra care is really the only answer.

'93 SC 5 Spd
3.27, 10%, K&N
Motorsport Stainless

235-50-17 will be about 1/4" shorter than stock, depending on brand and model. Actual dimensions can vary by tire model, for a given size. 235-55-17 would be about 1/4" taller than stock. If you want to stay with a bit larger in the rear, 255-45-17 would be within a 1/4" of the 235-50-17 for diameter.

cheers
Ed N.

You could also put in a new set of H&Rs to replace those tired Eibachs. Check out Jim Gravelles car or Varriks car to see if you like the height.

Notorious SI-G said:
You could also put in a new set of H&Rs to replace those tired Eibachs. Check out Jim Gravelles car or Varriks car to see if you like the height.

Would those do the same thing 4 years down the line? If so, thats no good.

Anyone know the price and where to get those H&R springs? Jim? Varrik?

Steve,
I now fell the same way I can no longer get a jack uner the front.
I have been looking at the new springs rich at mn12 sells there a 1 inch drop
I think H&R will sit as low or lower on my buddys car he put a set of H&R and it was sitting just as now as mine and his car had not had time to work it self in yet.

Geez, Steve, if you think you're getting old then the solution is obvious.... buy an LX. :eek: :p ;) :D :rolleyes: :cool:

I'd say go with stock springs if the tires don't help enough. Think of the weight transfer at the track.

H&Rs should last longer, and not sag so quickly, but eventually they will get tired like all springs. IF you want no hassle driving, then go with the stockers.

Mine still sits nicely with the Eibachs, front anyway. In the rear, I have a pair of the Airlift bags that many people have installed with aftermarket springs, to keep the fenders off the tires when I have the car loaded up. But my tires are about 27" tall, almost 1/2" taller than stock. So that helps to keep the ride height to a reasonable level as well. If I was to do the job over again, I'd look at the H & R or Suspension Techniques springs probably.

cheers
Ed N.

edit: speeling

Last edited:
Steve you're running Mustang Tires. Your front tires are 25.7" and our stock tires are 26.6". I've got 245/50/17 and they're 26.6". Your tires have lowered your car 0.5". I can sell you my stock springs cheap. They're in perfect condition.

Back