Can I do this for an exhaust set-up for my 91 SC?

KocaPuff

Can I do this for an exhaust set-up for my 91 SC?

Can I go (custom exhaust), 2 1/2 inch from the manifold, then go into 2 1/2 inch Magnaflow Converters, one one side, do away with the resonator, and then continue with the 2 1/2 inch pipes custom bent going to each muffler in the rear, with a Dyno Max Ultra Flow 2 1/2 inch, one end offset the other straight. Mufflers going in the same place as the stock mufflers?

Is 2 1/2 too big to bend around everything in the rear? My custom muffler shop, where I was going to get it done at is asking..

What do you think? I want it to sound good, louder, but not too loud and flow very good...

I think I would recomend going ofset/ofset on the mufflers. It puts the tips closer to the outer edge where the cutouts in the bottom of the bumper are.

You can do it, but I doubt you'll be happy with the results. Our V6's sound horrible with out a midbody muffler/resonator. I'd highly recommend using either a DIDO or a DISO Magnaflow muffler where the resonator used to be. If you want it to be loud, use that as your only muffler, otherwise put some mufflers in the stock locations.

-Rod

Jason Wild said:
2 1/2" dual around an old gas tank is going to be a hard fit.
My exaust guy did it....out one pipe on top of the other. Ended up costing me a pretty penny though...lol. if i were you, spring for the newer gas tank. There will be less bends and you can fit them with ease.

Back